99% sure dead 4.7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 99% sure dead 4.7

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 03-23-2010, 03:54 PM   #1
rjfster
2001 XJ Cherokee 

99% sure dead 4.7

So my jeep died a while ago, and i finially got the time to tinker with it. While trying to crank it tonight, all of a sudden it violently shot the oil fill cap off about 30ft in the air and popped the dipstick out. Im pretty certain, not fixxable, but just curious what would cause this. Cracked block dumping piston compression into oil system???

rjfster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2010, 04:09 PM   #2
ZJ5point2GCL
1998 ZJ 

holes in multiple pistons

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.