99 Grand Cherokee transmission replacement. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 99 Grand Cherokee transmission replacement.

WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation PackagesRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Steinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 12-13-2003, 10:17 PM   #1
Steeda

99 Grand Cherokee transmission replacement.

The transmission just went out on my '99 Laredo. I saw a couple on ebay but am not sure if they will fit. Is there a certain model number I should be looking for ? Couldn't find any local mechanics that had the right answer being the weekend and all.

Also how much can I expect to spend ? Called a junkyard and they said they would sell me one with 22k miles on it for $900. Is that a good price ? Any websites out there where I can get a trans for cheaper and shipped in like a day or 2 ?

Steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2003, 02:37 AM   #2
lej1447

Local dealer gave a quick quote of ~ $3K to replace transmission. In your case, if you can get labor to be around $1K or less, you still save at least $1K by purchasing that $1k transmission from junk yard. Just my thought.
lej1447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2003, 07:27 PM   #3
Silver yj

Found a few at www.als-auto.com they are going for 750.00 but it depends where you are from they are in Philly,if you cant drive to get it,it will prob come to just about hte same price after shipping it that you can get it for.
Silver yj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.