'99 Grand Cherokee cv axle nut size - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > '99 Grand Cherokee cv axle nut size

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-08-2010, 01:30 PM   #1
BuckeyeWJ

Wj '99 Grand Cherokee cv axle nut size

Hello,

I was hoping someone could please tell me the size and torque spec for the factory cv axle nut that holds on the wheel bearing. It is for a 1999 Grand Cherokee with a 4.0 6 cyl. A friend of mine just bought one and asked me to change the wheel bearing. I wanted to make sure I brought along the right socket. Thanks in advance for any information.

BuckeyeWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2010, 02:08 PM   #2
narnwv

2000 WJ 

36mm. Here is a write up. It's in the ZJ faq section, they're still separating the ZJ/WJ sections.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/...w-pics-377208/

narnwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2010, 04:10 AM   #3
BuckeyeWJ

OK, thanks alot for the information.
BuckeyeWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2010, 07:17 AM   #4
oldfamilyguy

You might want to bring your biggest strongest breaker bar and a piece of pipe for it too or impact gun. Also 3 bolts holding the hub in need a 12-point socket.
oldfamilyguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.