99 GC limited 4x4 transfer case issue - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 99 GC limited 4x4 transfer case issue

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 07-06-2013, 11:49 AM   #1
Lethalpierce

99 GC limited 4x4 transfer case issue

I have a 99 Jeep Grand Chereoke limited 4x4. (AWD all the time) I currently have a clicking noise under the Jeep. I've read posts and I've had it looked at by a few places (nothing in depth). It appears to be the transfer case. The back wheels are not turning when in drive.

Question: I found a transfer case at local junkyard $500. Says they can work with me on that...whatever that really means. Anyways, it was supposedly rebuilt by Jasper before the guy wrecked his jeep. Its currently sitting on a shelf and they offered me a 90 day warranty instead of there usual 30 day. Also as I'm not in a position to install it myself so i asked if the could do it...yes $400.

is that too much for the transfer case? do you think a junkyard will install it correctly?

Lethalpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 01:36 PM   #2
elcorvino
2003 WJ 

$400 for the TC alone... To much.

$400 installed with a 3 month warranty isn't bad IMO. Just curious how they know it was jasper rebuilt with nothing to back that up besides some random guys word.
elcorvino is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.