545rfe TRS - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 545rfe TRS

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 12-18-2013, 02:05 PM   #1
tbone1004
2004 WJ 

545rfe TRS

For the last 2 years my jeep has started to exhibit no start symptoms in line with the TRS problems. Yesterday it got stuck at work and was throwing P1698 so I got a lift home. Today it still wouldn't start, but after looking at the starting wiring diagram, if you have the key turned to on and jump the 30 and 87 terminals on the starter relay it will fire right up. No CEL and started no problem. Obviously this is a colossal pain and anything but a permanent solution, but if anyone gets stuck, a short piece of wire is all you need to get it fired up. I plan on replacing the TRS assembly this weekend. Part is ordered and hopefully that will put an end to the problems.

tbone1004 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.