Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

$500 dollar lift for 02 grand cherokee

2K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  Apollo21 
#1 ·
hey guys i would like to do a 2.5in lift. Can you guys point me in the right direction and recommend some good lift kits. My budget is 500 dollars but i may be able to extend it to 600. i do want shocks and coils not spacers.

and at 2.5in do i have to mess around with the axles or control arms?
Or will coils, shocks, steering stabilizer, track bar, swaybar and bumpstops be enough.

Its my first time doing this so i need some help on picking a good lift kit thats a reliable brand.

thanks everyone

#9 ·
The Bilstiens are a great mono-tube, same lifetime warranty and quality as the Rubicon Express mono-tubes just a little pricier. The OME Nitrochargers are also a great shock as they will be specifically valved for the WJ. The best shock in my opinion are the MX-6's which are adjustable and are great for different circumstances, such as towing, highway driving, and offroading, although they usually run $100 a piece.

#10 ·
im a lil lost here so kolak is the guy the owns kevinsoffroad or what, im new so i need to catch up on the information

and thanks yeah i was thinking about going with the bilsteins also just needed some input from other who used them and the mx6 for the kit on kevinsoffroad its around 760 i believe a bit to much for me as i also need to get tires and maybe rims.

#17 ·
Kolak and KOR (Kevin's Off Road) are both in AZ. they are different people though. When buying KOR stuff it's cheaper and faster to go through Kolak

#15 ·
The RCX kit is 750. The basic 4" RC kit is 500.

#14 ·
i just read alot about the bilstein and alot of people say their really good, and i would rather go with the rancho rs9000 then the mx6, so in the end i think ima go with the lift kit that includes the bilstein shocks and how are kevinsoffroad prices is 680 a good price for the kit WJ Grand Cherokee Ultimate BFYB 2.75 Lift Kit w/ new coils, w/ Bilstein Monotube shocks WJ Lift budget boost [KOR-9932-BIL] - $679.97 : Hard-KOR Jeep Accessories for Wrangler, Grand Cherokee, Commander, Liberty, and Cherokee by KevinsOffroad.com, Rub heres the link again

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.