4x4 Fabworks Light bar - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 4x4 Fabworks Light bar

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LinePoison Spyder JK Evap SkidRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 10-04-2013, 01:52 PM   #16
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillathrilla View Post
I like the look and design but I don't like it enough for $300
No kidding. For $300, I will mount it myself.

Sent from my iPad using my fingers

rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2013, 02:16 PM   #17
deanfootlong
2002 WJ 

Got mine from their site for 150.
deanfootlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2013, 02:18 PM   #18
deanfootlong
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage39henry View Post
Its a good design but for $300 I'd prefer a little more real protection. I just put my light bar right on my bumper. Only a ten inch one, might sell it to upgrade to a 20inch.

I initially though I'd mount my 20 inch led light bar like that. But when you put it on the bumper, it just doesn't work. The curvature of the bumper and length of the light bar.... The feet of the bar just won't work the same as it does with a ten inch bar.
Unread 10-04-2013, 08:13 PM   #19
Highschool_WJ
1999 WJ 

Does anyone know if these bars require you to remove factory tow hooks? If not would it still work with the fawkes fab stand alone shackles or would I need to get the relocation tabs?
Highschool_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2013, 08:44 PM   #20
Merc1973
2002 WJ 

subscribed

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Merc1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2013, 09:04 PM   #21
Hitman-JB
2001 WJ 

Website says you retain factory hooks
Hitman-JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2013, 09:14 PM   #22
deanfootlong
2002 WJ 

Fully expecting to retain the use of my factory two hooks with it.
Unread 10-05-2013, 04:47 AM   #23
atvlifestyle
2002 WJ 

Can anyone post pics of the how the bracket mount? I have the Fawkes stand alone shackles and trying to figure out what mounting option would be easier. I figure I might have to do some modification but don't want to have to remake the whole bracket or might as well just make my own.

Thanks for the help.
atvlifestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2013, 07:18 AM   #24
mdrum93

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by atvlifestyle
Can anyone post pics of the how the bracket mount? I have the Fawkes stand alone shackles and trying to figure out what mounting option would be easier. I figure I might have to do some modification but don't want to have to remake the whole bracket or might as well just make my own. Thanks for the help.
x2!

For Sale: Rear D44a open for WJ
mdrum93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2013, 07:41 AM   #25
deanfootlong
2002 WJ 

I can post pics next week when I receive it
Unread 10-05-2013, 08:25 AM   #26
Fawkes
WJ recovery gear

2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highschool_WJ View Post
Does anyone know if these bars require you to remove factory tow hooks? If not would it still work with the fawkes fab stand alone shackles or would I need to get the relocation tabs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by atvlifestyle View Post
Can anyone post pics of the how the bracket mount? I have the Fawkes stand alone shackles and trying to figure out what mounting option would be easier. I figure I might have to do some modification but don't want to have to remake the whole bracket or might as well just make my own. Thanks for the help.
It doesn't look like it would work with our stand-alone tabs as shown. Our tabs tuck up tight to the fascia in the exact same spot as their mounting plates. You'd have to (at the very least) drill a 7/8" hole through their plate in order to attach a shackle, putting it through both assemblies.

It might work with our modular tabs in stock form, since those hang lower to accommodate bull bar mounting. Without seeing exactly how the light bar mounts, it's tough to tell what one would have to do in order to run both products.

Click to order:
WJ Stand-Alone Shackle Tabs.
WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation Kits.

Kris Fox
kfox@fawkesmfg.com
www.fawkesfab.com
Fawkes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2013, 04:46 PM   #27
atvlifestyle
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
It doesn't look like it would work with our stand-alone tabs as shown. Our tabs tuck up tight to the fascia in the exact same spot as their mounting plates. You'd have to (at the very least) drill a 7/8" hole through their plate in order to attach a shackle, putting it through both assemblies.
I am hoping that the width of the bracket would work out that I can cut it so it will just get welded to the side of the Stand-alone tab. Figured I would have to drill it to run the shackle through both.

hope that made sense. I willl hold out to order till ive seen better pics of the mount.
Unread 11-03-2013, 07:12 PM   #28
atvlifestyle
2002 WJ 

Installed the lightbar with the Fawkes stand alones today. I ended up using both brackets together. Had to drill the holes for the lightbar bracket out abit but ended up working fine. I still have to drill a hole for the shackle shank to go through. I was going to weld it together but dont think that I can can get the bumper back on with the lightbar bracket installed. Ended up tacking the nuts to the top plate and then the plate to the unibody channel. So everything can be mounted or removed with the bumper on.

Unread 11-03-2013, 07:59 PM   #29
NU_WJ

Nice work! Looks awesome!
NU_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2013, 08:38 AM   #30
mdrum93

2004 WJ 

Yeah looks great! I like that much more over a bull bar.

For Sale: Rear D44a open for WJ
mdrum93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.