Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

45rfe flash vs. ecm flash

910 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  MeanGreenZJ 
#1 ·
im going to have my tcm module flashed on thursday but i was concerned about the additional ecm flash that the dealer said that they would perform...is there anything negative about any of the post 2000 ecm updates that would lead me to decline the ecm flash???...i know that the ecm that now runs the 5.9 in my TJ is a BEAST ...BUT... the one that i had running it before had the "DEATH FLASH" performed on it by mopar and that update literally KILLS the performance of the engine...i dont want to subject my WJ to that same fate. thanks in advance guys

#2 ·
The "DEATH FLASH" changes the type of fuel used and is only flashed when a customer asks for it. Normal update flashes are released to correct issues found in older flashes or in rare cases to correct compatibility of newer replacement parts. You can check the TSB's for all of the flashes released for your jeep to see what has been corrected.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.