42re shift kits - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 42re shift kits

Poison Spyder JK Crusher CornersPANDEMIC-USA 50" Double row LED LIGHT BAR!! These thiBrakeline Closeout Deal! Kevlar Lined Stainless Steel Brai

Unread 02-20-2015, 09:18 PM   #1
Jarodjeep
2003 WJ 

42re shift kits

Hey guys,
Ok i got a 03 grand Cherokee, 4.0 w/ 42re 2wd and im droping trans real soon to overhaul it.. I got majority of stuff pilled up to do it.. But I've been thinking about ordering a shift kit to put in it. I've noticed the cheaper.. Oh i cant remember the brand but jr kit, superior shift kit, and the more expensive 100$ transgo kit has 3 different lvls of shift mods to choose from correct? all mod to allow constant flow of trans fluid which is great on extending my rebuilds life and they change your shift patterns at certain rpms.. But I CANT find any specs or charts on the benefits of installing.. Basically, to be more specific I mean will these kits improve fuel economy if so which kit would someone with knowledge of each kit install to get the best performance and fuel mpg. Or am i better off with sticking to stock shifting although id still like to have the constant trans fluid flow if just stock shifting is better on mpg.. I mean im just unsure of these questions and any help would be cool, so maybe influence me to purchase one thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy s5 using JeepForum

Jarodjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2015, 10:30 PM   #2
MuddyWJ
2004 WJ 

Transgo shift kit is the only one I would use and have. It won't help with MPG or Any of that bull****. It will definitely lengthen the life of your trans and smooth the shifting. Any trans guy will tell you, you're already spending the money Why not make it last.
MuddyWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2015, 11:54 AM   #3
Jarodjeep
2003 WJ 

Mpg matters to me and isnt bull*** when your driving 80+ miles daily. I already know and understand it will lengthen the life of my build id just like to know if the shift patterns that the kit produces will affect mpg drastically in a negative way or beneficially even if slightly and a source to back it would be nice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy s5 using JeepForum
Jarodjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.