4" IRO lift questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 4" IRO lift questions

Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under Coil Spring Options from Ruffstuff!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREE

Unread 11-03-2013, 10:47 AM   #1
srt4life32
2001 WJ 

Wj 4" IRO lift questions

Alright im new to the forum but i have used your guys' forum for a while to figure out some stuff about my 2001 4.0 wj but i cant seem to find anything to answer these questions so here goes.

After months of looking and saving ive finally decided between getting a rcx 4" x series lift and an iro 4". After choosing the iro 4" i came across a general problem. I know i got to get a driveshaft etc to make this thing happy but my questions run along the control arms. Now i would like to replace atleast my back upper control arm so i was going to pay the extra $370 and get the fixed arms but i keep reading that everyone says run the adjustable ones.

This wj is my semi daily driver and occasinal weekend wheeler when me and my buddys schedules dont clash and i want it to be durable yet stable enough to drive it back and forth and let the old lady drive it without her wrecking it.

Now the real question. What's the real difference between iro's fixed control arms and adjustables? If i bought the adjustables how hard are they to get to the proper adjustment etc. Im not a noob by far at working on vehicles just never had a chance to work with adjustable control arms. Which one should i get and why?

Thanks for your time guys i appreciate it.

srt4life32 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-03-2013, 11:40 AM   #2
dcampbell4

2002 WJ 

The back is an a-arm. There is actually one for sale in the classified section I believe. I am at 4.5" with all iron rock adjustable control arms (all 6 minus the a-arm) I am just running a spacer on the stock a-arm. I would definitely recommend adjustable rear lowers. That way you can move your axel forward enough that you can get rid of any drive line vibes you may develop.
dcampbell4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-03-2013, 09:15 PM   #3
88yjproject
2002 WJ 

Will be having mine up for sale soon.
Unread 11-04-2013, 08:04 AM   #4
Kangazu
2004 WJ 

If you haven't already bought this lift, I would question 3" vs 4" lift, particularly if your going short arm. It will save you substantially in both cash and Tylenol. If your going IRO long arm in front, then adjustable lowers on the rear. If your ball joint and bushings on the A-arm are fine, then go spacer.
Unread 11-04-2013, 10:54 AM   #5
srt4life32
2001 WJ 

Well the reason i was going 4" was around here there aint no need for a huge lift to go wheeling we cant crawl anywhere most crawling we get is a hill here and there. With all the addons and what not im up to around 1600-1700 shipped to the door in the 4" short arm but thats with the doestec shockd jkd quicker discos and adjustable uppers and lowers front and rear a dual steering stabil bar pin eliminators and an a arm spacer. Ill price up a 4" long arm also later on today and see the differences in price. I was originally looking at the 6.5" critical path but all the mods required steered me away especially regearing and what not. I wanted it to look alright with 265's or 285's and perform well without looking dorky with too little of tires and i really dont wanna pay an arm and a leg for 35's plus 6.5" is overkill for around here. Im just tryin to get the best performance out of the lift with thr ability to daily drive it without breaking my bank ya know.
Unread 11-04-2013, 02:43 PM   #6
Kolak
Vendor

Please contact me either via PM or email me at kolak@aol.com if you'd like an IRO lift. I'm a dealer for their products and can assist you with any questions you might have.
kolak@aol.com or kolak@kolakperformance.com
Kolak is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2013, 06:19 AM   #7
srt4life32
2001 WJ 

I definetly will thanks kolak
Unread 11-05-2013, 09:02 AM   #8
03wjay
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by srt4life32 View Post
Well the reason i was going 4" was around here there aint no need for a huge lift to go wheeling we cant crawl anywhere most crawling we get is a hill here and there. With all the addons and what not im up to around 1600-1700 shipped to the door in the 4" short arm but thats with the doestec shockd jkd quicker discos and adjustable uppers and lowers front and rear a dual steering stabil bar pin eliminators and an a arm spacer. Ill price up a 4" long arm also later on today and see the differences in price. I was originally looking at the 6.5" critical path but all the mods required steered me away especially regearing and what not. I wanted it to look alright with 265's or 285's and perform well without looking dorky with too little of tires and i really dont wanna pay an arm and a leg for 35's plus 6.5" is overkill for around here. Im just tryin to get the best performance out of the lift with thr ability to daily drive it without breaking my bank ya know.
If your not doing much crawling the JKS disco's may not be necessary, lots of people here say the dual steering stabilizers are also not necassary. 4'' long arm with bilsteins and adjustable fronts is right around 1700. Just about everyone here will recomed spending the money once and Kolak has better deals on them.
03wjay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2013, 10:37 AM   #9
Kangazu
2004 WJ 

If you go IRO long arm, do yourself a favor and get the adjustable... better for fit and easier to change out their flex joint to Ballistic or Currie if you feel the need. IRO usually has free shipping approaching Christmas.
Unread 11-06-2013, 06:31 PM   #10
scparrish
1999 WJ 

Kolak ftw. Seriously this guy will get you what you need. I highly recommend the long arm kit also.
scparrish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2013, 09:27 PM   #11
C101Commando

Adjustable long arms in front, adjustable rear lowers, cheap procomp shocks is what ive got and i love it! 4" IRO kit = Great ride and handling.. kolak is a great guy, i bought thru him, no complaints at all. I went cheap on shocks to save money and got the longarms instead of billies and swaybar discos.. no regrets at all, I'll add some better shocks and stuff later, I wanted to get the hardparts right from the start..
Unread 11-09-2013, 10:13 AM   #12
srt4life32
2001 WJ 

Thanks guys for all the feedback and everything i rrally appreciate. Once i get my ducks in a row after christmas ill get in touch with kolak and get things rocking. Thanks again.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.