4.7L V8 stroker!!! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 4.7L V8 stroker!!!

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Header PanelTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 03-01-2013, 01:14 PM   #16
multmigs
2003 WJ 

yes both those reasons are why virtually all manufactures of v8 engines now use them, and there are of course high performance versions for older stuff and new made using the same plastics.... sort of like aluminum is for most modern cylinder heads....

I wish someone would answer the OP also... instead of telling people "chill" who provide actual correct information

multmigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2013, 02:06 PM   #17
Gunrunner23
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by multmigs View Post
I really don't think anyone understands your last statement at all, what kind of intake manifold would not be cheaper to change THAN (SP) an entire engine?
That nonsense disregarded if this is your opinion why do you bother ranting about stuff like this on a thread that is questioning performance, specifically wanting more performance? How bout keeping your non technically correct answers limited to someone asking something in that same area, like how to cheaply fix something....
hat part of "plastic intake manifolds are cheaper to replace then an engine" do you not understand. It clearly means there's no reason that I would want to replace a plastic intake manifold with metal because there is no problem with the plastic. Ive never see anyone say they crack. So that wasn't really a good comparison. Also if it did crack, who cares a plastic manifold is cheaper then a engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by multmigs View Post
I wish someone would answer the OP also... instead of telling people "chill" who provide actual correct information
You have not given the op a clear answer to his original question either. You came on here and attacked me for no reason but because you were trolling i suppose. I know several people on here would like a fix to the head problem. Esp people who have had to replace their engine. All of that could of been prevented with steel heads. Yes i know if you baby your engine and keep the cooling system in check it shouldnt happen. But guess what... Stuff happens all the time. You really need to calm down and find someone else to attack or just not be on this forum. No I did not give the OP an answer, I simply just added that i would love to see a fix to the head problem that works. My bad man.... My bad. SHESH

You have been blocked! Have a nice day!
Gunrunner23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2013, 09:19 AM   #18
multmigs
2003 WJ 

Maybe BC you keep posting bad info here and elsewhere about "steel" heads, which first of all is technically incorrect, there are NO "steel" heads they are made of either cast iron or alum, not STEEL, if you think thats the same thing try using a BBQ grill that has either bare steel grids or a version using cast iron grates... that type of info that you put in here is then searchable so when me, you or anyone else on the forum has a problem and sits at home searching for hours on end about "cylinder head problem" half of the search results come up with this stuff you post about "steel heads" which again DONT EXIST so one has to then surf through all this crap in an attempt to actually find some way to fix your problem....
my point and its not any kind of personal attack is that you need to stop posting that misinformation. You didnt' get that point months ago when you did the same thing and i responded about the Adobe car....
Unread 03-02-2013, 09:24 AM   #19
multmigs
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunrunner23 View Post
Ive never see anyone say they crack. So that wasn't really a good comparison.
This was just posted recently
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/...astic-1485422/

Maybe you could do a bit more reading and bit less writing. I'd be happy to forward you some tech info on alum vs CAST IRON cylinder heads if you'd like but i won't tie up this thread any more since this is all OT.
Unread 03-02-2013, 03:38 PM   #20
mdrum93

2004 WJ 

Does anyone one here have any experience in stroking/building custom engines? If so, what kind of hp/torque could the 4.7 unleash in a stroked application and what could the new displacement be?

*IF* stronger cylinder heads for the 4.7 existed, I was thinking it could be stroked to atleast 5.0L (hopefully more than that), HP in the range of 280-300, and torque in the 350-370 ft/lb range.

please correct me if my estimates are off.

For Sale: Rear D44a open for WJ
mdrum93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2013, 04:23 PM   #21
Trav1s
2004 WJ 

This place has done plenty with the lowly 4.7...

http://airram.com
Unread 03-02-2013, 04:41 PM   #22
mdrum93

2004 WJ 

Dang thats pretty awesome! For some reason i feel like i came across that "project yellow jacket" several years ago

For Sale: Rear D44a open for WJ
mdrum93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2014, 10:50 PM   #23
01durango2wd

its funny to hear people whine about warped heads. news flash... ANY aluminum head is gonna warp if it overheats. common sense. its not the heads fault you cant take care of everything else. I own an 01 Durango. 4.7l. has 150k miles, and I haven't even had to replace the alternator yet. the only problem I have, is the broken exhaust manifold bolt. which is very common in them. as for them breaking down from granny driving, you also have to take into account their oil changes and tune ups. you cant drive 9k miles with no oil change and expect it to work properly. that's just dumb. and I have heard rumors of a company in Germany stroking it to a 5.5l 300hp engine. but I haven't seen proof. I also own an 08 ram 4.7l as my work truck. all I can say is, ive never been in a truck that can move a 1500lbs pool table up the grapevine at 80mph. that 08 is at 145k miles and all ive replaced is alternator. I think people just don't take care of their truck, and then bash it for breaking down. also, I have never lost to any stock truck except for very few models. like trailblazer ss. I raped a Silverado ss. lighting beat me, and the viper truck, of course beat me. but other than that, turbo diesels have a hard time keeping up. idk, maybe I got lucky with a good drivetrain, but its hard to believe when I own the ram and its been thru far worse, and it pulls on the Durango. not from a launch, but at then end. honestly, I think people are too lazy to try and do anything with the 4.7l simply because there are endless upgrades for 318/360. plus, I still haven't seen anyone have a legitimate reason as to why it cant be stroked, they just say its impossible without trying it. just my opinion. let me know if you get anywhere in the stroker department. im gonna talk to a few shops ad see if they will custom make me a crank, or regrind the old one
01durango2wd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2014, 08:48 AM   #24
Jeeples
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01durango2wd View Post
its funny to hear people whine about warped heads. news flash... ANY aluminum head is gonna warp if it overheats. common sense. its not the heads fault you cant take care of everything else. I own an 01 Durango. 4.7l. has 150k miles, and I haven't even had to replace the alternator yet. the only problem I have, is the broken exhaust manifold bolt. which is very common in them. as for them breaking down from granny driving, you also have to take into account their oil changes and tune ups. you cant drive 9k miles with no oil change and expect it to work properly. that's just dumb. and I have heard rumors of a company in Germany stroking it to a 5.5l 300hp engine. but I haven't seen proof. I also own an 08 ram 4.7l as my work truck. all I can say is, ive never been in a truck that can move a 1500lbs pool table up the grapevine at 80mph. that 08 is at 145k miles and all ive replaced is alternator. I think people just don't take care of their truck, and then bash it for breaking down. also, I have never lost to any stock truck except for very few models. like trailblazer ss. I raped a Silverado ss. lighting beat me, and the viper truck, of course beat me. but other than that, turbo diesels have a hard time keeping up. idk, maybe I got lucky with a good drivetrain, but its hard to believe when I own the ram and its been thru far worse, and it pulls on the Durango. not from a launch, but at then end. honestly, I think people are too lazy to try and do anything with the 4.7l simply because there are endless upgrades for 318/360. plus, I still haven't seen anyone have a legitimate reason as to why it cant be stroked, they just say its impossible without trying it. just my opinion. let me know if you get anywhere in the stroker department. im gonna talk to a few shops ad see if they will custom make me a crank, or regrind the old one
First post? Check

Bumping an old and useless thread? Check

Street racing? Check

Poor paragraph structure and punctuation? Check

You should go back to lurking nooblet. I'm also pretty sure there's plenty of Durango or Ram forums you could waste your time on rather than this one. Oh, and 300 HP out of a stroked 4.7? You do realize that by the time Chrysler stopped production of the 4.7 that it was producing over 300 HP, right?

Hers: '03 WJ 4.7 V8- IRO 3", 245/75/16 Duratracs
Jeeples is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2014, 11:03 AM   #25
Darnice
2004 WJ 

Stroking an engine has Zip Zero NADA to do with the Heads, or intake manifolds. Its an new CRANKSHAFT with Rods and pistons.
An no, no one ever built a "Stroker" crank (as far as I know) for the 4.7L Probably had to do with clearance issues for the longer throws on the crankshaft and the way the 4/7 uses a bedplate.
Darnice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2014, 07:22 PM   #26
berndog67
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darnice View Post
Stroking an engine has Zip Zero NADA to do with the Heads, or intake manifolds. Its an new CRANKSHAFT with Rods and pistons.
An no, no one ever built a "Stroker" crank (as far as I know) for the 4.7L Probably had to do with clearance issues for the longer throws on the crankshaft and the way the 4/7 uses a bedplate.
^what this guy said, in fact the bedplate and block already have clearancing to clear the crank in stock form, so i dont see any way of stroking it with any reasonable gain, there is plenty to gain by using better cams, intake, exhaust, tune, etc... 300+ hp 4.7's are plentyful, just google or look over on the dodgeforum.com or the ram or dakota forums for a ton a performance upgrades, i have an 02 ram that had a 4.7 and i did nearly every upgrade before finally hemi swapping, because the 4.7 can only go so far performance wise with bolt on's
2003 WJ Overland, 4.7HO, D30 & D44A (1 tons going in now!), RC Long Arm, lifted 4" Front 6" Rear, RC 2.2 4" Shocks, JKS track bar, custom hi-steer, 35" Procomp M/T's on JK rims, beefed up Overland rock rails, custom skids and dif gaurds, Rugged Ridge 8500 synthetic winch in custom hidden mount
berndog67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2014, 04:52 PM   #27
multmigs
2003 WJ 

Wow owned!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples View Post
First post? Check

Bumping an old and useless thread? Check

Street racing? Check

Poor paragraph structure and punctuation? Check

You should go back to lurking nooblet. I'm also pretty sure there's plenty of Durango or Ram forums you could waste your time on rather than this one. Oh, and 300 HP out of a stroked 4.7? You do realize that by the time Chrysler stopped production of the 4.7 that it was producing over 300 HP, right?

and thanks 2 the last 2 posters for actually answering the year old OP question as to why no stroker 4.7//////

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.