4.7l spark plugs - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 4.7l spark plugs

Bestop underseat lock boxes @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Oconee Off-Road Now Offering Zone Off-Road Products!!!2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4 Door Black Cargo Net (

Unread 06-12-2013, 07:23 AM   #1
snorander
2001 WJ 

4.7l spark plugs

SO my local autoparts store doesn't have the champions, but they do have the Autolite Copper/Spark Plug Part Number: 5224
which cross refrences to the Champion. Has anyone used these or should I look for something else?

Thanks

snorander is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2013, 10:05 AM   #2
jserna
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I had a hard time finding champs for my 4.7ho too. Autozone did not carry them anymore, Pep boys had 4 in stock and had to special order me the other 4.
jserna is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2013, 10:06 AM   #3
Jer-Bear
2002 WJ 

Amazon.com.... And no, I wouldn't run Autolite if it were the last brand on earth. It's absolute trash of not run in the car designed for it.
Unread 06-12-2013, 10:32 AM   #4
Double E
2000 Laredo V8

2000 WJ 

Those will work fine. Also consider ordering on-line if you really want to get the Champions. These folks seem to think there's no problem with Autolites: http://www.f150online.com/forums/v6-...ark-plugs.html
Changes & fixes: Rear Addco sway bar & greasble bushings, upgraded headlights, upgraded tail lights, new hood struts (replaced 2X), new rear hatchglass struts, new radiator (replaced 3X), new oil pressure sending unit (replaced 4X), 2 new speed sensors, 2 new door lock actuators, new ignition key cylinder, chrome front tow hooks, Mobil 1 Synthetic 5/30, Purolator Pure One oil filter, EBC slotted & dimpled rotors, EBC Greenstuff pads, new front shocks (replaced 3X), new rear shocks (replaced 2X), new IRO steering stabilizer, new timing chain cover, new water pump, thermostat, new thermostat housing, new high pressure power steering hose, Michelin-X radials, new sunroof assembly, new single-piece lug nuts, new exhaust manifold studs & gasket on driver's side, new Durango alternator. Jeepforum.com sticker, Visit cobaltboatsforum.com when you can!
Double E is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2013, 12:12 PM   #5
pinky2252s
2001 WJ 

I have the autolite coppers in mine and it runs just fine.

Colorado Jeep Club Member #2252
2001 Laredo, 2004 Special Edition
pinky2252s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2013, 01:04 PM   #6
Jer-Bear
2002 WJ 

It's all in opinion really. Different plugs run at different temperatures. I have Bosch Platinum in mine currently, but I'm going to switch because they're designed to run the Champions. Champion also makes spark plugs for lawn mowers... The point is, a plug designed for Dodge may run like crap in a Ford, and vice versa.
Unread 06-12-2013, 02:36 PM   #7
86cj74.2L
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer-Bear
Amazon.com.... And no, I wouldn't run Autolite if it were the last brand on earth. It's absolute trash of not run in the car designed for it.
I've been running autolite double platinum's for 3 years now.
86cj74.2L is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2013, 03:32 PM   #8
XJ_WJ_Gup
2004 WJ 

I run nothing but high grade stuff in my Jeeps, got to treat them like your babies lol. I got E3 in my 98 XJ and Bosch Platinum +4 in my 04 WJ Limited and never had a problem with either, starts up right away and runs smooth.
XJ_WJ_Gup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2013, 03:34 PM   #9
pinky2252s
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ_WJ_Gup View Post
I run nothing but high grade stuff in my Jeeps, got to treat them like your babies lol. I got E3 in my 98 XJ and Bosch Platinum +4 in my 04 WJ Limited and never had a problem with either, starts up right away and runs smooth.
Unless you have the HO V8 you should be running basic copper plugs.

Colorado Jeep Club Member #2252
2001 Laredo, 2004 Special Edition
pinky2252s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2013, 03:39 PM   #10
XJ_WJ_Gup
2004 WJ 

its just the regular 4.7, no HO.
XJ_WJ_Gup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2013, 06:00 PM   #11
narnwv

2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ_WJ_Gup View Post
How does the XJ run with E3s? I've never seen a Jeep even idle right with them, let alone run.

narnwv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2013, 08:00 PM   #12
Pedro7
2000 WJ 

Auto lite is apparently crap, but I ran them for a few years not knowing. With that said, my jeep ran fine with them, never an issue, but they were in rough shape after only 20k miles. I just recently changed to champions because apparently they are the best. Do I feel a difference? No not really, but just peace of mind knowing I'm using what jeep uses from the factory.

And they also make e3's for lawn mowers.....
Pedro7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2013, 09:08 PM   #13
snorander
2001 WJ 

Autozone in town had plenty of Champions in stock so I went with them
snorander is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.