4.7L runs 5 sec and shuts off. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 4.7L runs 5 sec and shuts off.

Flowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country small builder parts in stock!! Awesome price

Unread 10-15-2013, 04:38 PM   #1
johnmcm1

4.7L runs 5 sec and shuts off.

Hello,
I have a 2002 GC Laredo. When I start it, it will run for about 5 sec. and shut off. During the 5 sec I can run up to any RPM I want and then it dies. Checked MAP. 4.7 V key on. About 1.1V at start. Fuel pressure is 55 PSI measured at rail. I have no codes after 10 cycles. Any ideas?

johnmcm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013, 07:28 PM   #2
mycreativename
1999 WJ 

That sounds like it could be a sentry key issue. Do you have a remote start on your WJ? I had one where the chip had become dislodged from where it needed to be and my Jeep would not run without me disconnecting the remote start.
mycreativename is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013, 08:30 PM   #3
johnmcm1

Pretty close. I was using the hide-a-key. When I switched to the normal key it runs fine. The SKIM or VTSS system was shutting down the engine. Just went out and ran it around the yard. Will do a road test tomorrow.
johnmcm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2013, 08:53 AM   #4
Jeeples
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmcm1 View Post
Pretty close. I was using the hide-a-key. When I switched to the normal key it runs fine. The SKIM or VTSS system was shutting down the engine. Just went out and ran it around the yard. Will do a road test tomorrow.
Right. If your Hide-a-key doesn't have the RFID chip built into and/or isn't programmed to the SKIM/VTSS, the vehicle won't run for more than a few seconds.

Hers: '03 WJ 4.7 V8- IRO 3", 245/75/16 Duratracs
Jeeples is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.