4.7 supercharger - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 4.7 supercharger

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Headlight AssembliesThe Retrofit Source / JW Speaker LED Headlight GROUP BUY!

Unread 05-22-2012, 03:25 PM   #1
oaklyjeep10
2002 WJ 

4.7 supercharger

What's a good supercharger for the money. I have an 02 4.7 4x4 wj.

RCLAs | IRO 6.5" springs| Nitto Trail Grapplers 35s | Smitty built 8000 | Custom front Bumper | Complete sound system 2 12s | BTF cover and truss (rear) | Custom sliders | Flashpaq [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/dhalls-build-1508292/"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/dhalls-build-1508292/[/URL]
oaklyjeep10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2012, 03:51 PM   #2
MEinSoCal
1999 WJ 

something like this would be good. (in case you're wondering, its a real locomotive supercharger and that car does run)

Unread 05-22-2012, 04:52 PM   #3
shockracer
14,000' WJ

2001 WJ 

The first part would be to find one if your lucky, then the price will be from 5k to 8k used for a setup that's almost complete.
5" hybrid lift, 265/70/17 Guard Dogs load E, bilsteins 5100's, addco sway bars, JKS front quick disco's, JKS adjustable track bar, KOR durometer track bar bushings, IRO crucial path front L.A.s, 1.25" Spidertrax spacers

Colorado Jeep Club Member #262
shockracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2012, 05:27 PM   #4
Jeeples
2000 WJ 

Kenne Bell used to make them, but they have been out of production for quite some time now. Every now and then you can find a used one on eBay, but they usually cost a grip.

Hers: '03 WJ 4.7 V8- IRO 3", 245/75/16 Duratracs
Jeeples is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2012, 05:33 PM   #5
oaklyjeep10
2002 WJ 

What about this http://www.superchargertuning.com/Jeep/Grand+Cherokee/. Anyone know much about it? Worth the money or jus a p.o.s.
RCLAs | IRO 6.5" springs| Nitto Trail Grapplers 35s | Smitty built 8000 | Custom front Bumper | Complete sound system 2 12s | BTF cover and truss (rear) | Custom sliders | Flashpaq [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/dhalls-build-1508292/"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/dhalls-build-1508292/[/URL]
oaklyjeep10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2012, 05:52 PM   #6
shockracer
14,000' WJ

2001 WJ 

Lol, just save your money. Those type of electronic superchargers do nothing but block your intake and you lose HP.
5" hybrid lift, 265/70/17 Guard Dogs load E, bilsteins 5100's, addco sway bars, JKS front quick disco's, JKS adjustable track bar, KOR durometer track bar bushings, IRO crucial path front L.A.s, 1.25" Spidertrax spacers

Colorado Jeep Club Member #262
shockracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2012, 06:39 PM   #7
99SK04GTX
2004 WJ 

Be the leader every time you cruise up and down the street subsequent to installing the new Jeep Cherokee superchargers. This bolt on superchargers will deliver the precise horsepower and torque that you have been craving for. Your unibody compact SUV will have the real power to fly with incomparable speed that will astonish all and sundry. Without more ado, this supercharger kit will automatically differentiate your sedan from the rest making it more stunning and superiority. Grand Cherokee have managed to stay at the top position due to its exceptional electric superchargers. Its popularity has expanded the wings as from the United States to all parts of the world simply because of its unique supercharging system. These superchargers are manufacture in an extensive assortment in that you will absolutely hit upon the one that matches your car. Since they have been made with high quality material you don’t need to agonize over your engine or the other parts.

Amazing the garbage that comes from a chinese to english translation
99SK04GTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2012, 06:48 PM   #8
chrism1367
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99SK04GTX
Be the leader every time you cruise up and down the street subsequent to installing the new Jeep Cherokee superchargers. This bolt on superchargers will deliver the precise horsepower and torque that you have been craving for. Your unibody compact SUV will have the real power to fly with incomparable speed that will astonish all and sundry. Without more ado, this supercharger kit will automatically differentiate your sedan from the rest making it more stunning and superiority. Grand Cherokee have managed to stay at the top position due to its exceptional electric superchargers. Its popularity has expanded the wings as from the United States to all parts of the world simply because of its unique supercharging system. These superchargers are manufacture in an extensive assortment in that you will absolutely hit upon the one that matches your car. Since they have been made with high quality material you don’t need to agonize over your engine or the other parts.

Amazing the garbage that comes from a chinese to english translation
I believe that's called engrish
chrism1367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2012, 09:08 PM   #9
04Overland47

2004 WJ 

I believe Paxton also made a kit for the 4.7, but again its been out of production for years. Ebay is your best bet.

Youtube Channel
WJ Thread
04Overland47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2012, 09:02 AM   #10
JeepAMG
1999 WJ 

COOL STORY BRO on the electric supercharger. Your best bet is to find Kennebell on craiglist or ebay. Paxton same way or Eaton supercharger with the conversion kit. FYI each of these builds are 5k+ so if your price range was 100-200$ then good luck my friend
JeepAMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2012, 09:09 AM   #11
KingtheZJ
1998 ZJ 

there is an adapter ive seen to run a eaton from a ford 4.6

edit: should have read AMG's post first...
Unread 05-23-2012, 09:28 AM   #12
KingtheZJ
1998 ZJ 

also check thespeedfreaks.net for sweet blown grands
Unread 02-11-2013, 01:07 PM   #13
TheMortallyWoun

Wj Oh my Lord they still sell those...

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaklyjeep10 View Post
What about this http://www.superchargertuning.com/Jeep/Grand+Cherokee/. Anyone know much about it? Worth the money or jus a p.o.s.
This is my first post on this forum, so howdy y'all. I got here because I'm looking at buying my first non-GM, a 2001 WJ Laredo. So naturally I was curious about the 0331 TUPY head issue. That made me think about taking the M90 off my SSEi (body is rotted out) and putting it on the LU3 from my ZR2 (body is also rotted out, and I love acronyms) in case the head goes bad on the WJ.

...which led me back here again, and then I see oaklyjeep10's post. So now I got a funny story to tell.

An idiot coworker of mine from my last job had all that crap: the electric "supercharger," the "Fuel Management Chip," and even the cone filter with the little whizzer blades inside that remind me of a kid riding down a hill on a bike holding a pinwheel up in the air while singing "Danger Zone." So this kid (the coworker, not the Danger Zone kid) put it all in his '99 Z24 and wanted to race my '95 Grand Am SE. Not only did I win this idiotic race - I don't know why I agreed but it was worth it - but his car caught fire.

The whizzer blades in the cone filter actually turned this time instead of getting jarred and locking up. It spun so fast that it melted the plastic support off. So the blades then flew into the mass air flow sensor, which of course had no aerator anymore because aerators "are a conspiracy from get government to get everyone to save fuel." It shredded the sensor and proceeded to fly into the "supercharger." Then those blades got locked up and the Dremel motor that runs it overheated and the wires caught fire, which caught his custom red vinyl dryer vent ducting on fire, which caught all his extra wire looming on fire. The wire looming was wrapped around the "Fuel Management Chip."

It was beautiful.

Now I'm going to assume that everyone here understands why all of those components on that page are absolute garbage and don't do anything at all for performance, so I won't go into all that. But I also had to give props to 99SK04GTX's translation, because that was the highlight of my day.

So as a new guy, I hope you won't all hate on me for being a lifetime GM fan. I've had an Olds, four Chevys, two Pontiacs, and a Buick. Never owned anything other than GM. But we're all in the same boat now, so I guess I can't rag on Mopar guys anymore.

(fiat sucks)
TheMortallyWoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 05:26 PM   #14
jeep0086
2000 WJ 

Do yourself a favor and dont supercharge the 4.7. it will turn into a money pit really fast especially if u wanna go fast lol. Go out any buy a nice 5.0 fox body and call it a day.
SOLD--00 WJ limited 4.7l HO paxton SUPERCHARGED 18 lbs, 9.0 Ross coated pistons, crane 224 cams, f&b 72 tb, 2008 intake manifold, scat rods, arp studs , ati balancer, sct tuned, 47 lb injectors, port and polished race heads
06 WK Overland HEMI
jeep0086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 06:20 PM   #15
IDD86
2000 WJ 

What about that kit that uses the old thunderbird supercharger?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.