4.7 Engine rebuild question: How to remove crankshaft with engine inside? - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 4.7 Engine rebuild question: How to remove crankshaft with engine inside?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 10-28-2013, 10:29 AM   #61
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Leon, did you finish your rebuild, or are you just too busy? I was really interested in seeing the rebuild in stages.

Sent from my iPad using my fingers

rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 10:49 AM   #62
leonhuang
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdkendrick View Post
Leon, did you finish your rebuild, or are you just too busy? I was really interested in seeing the rebuild in stages.

Sent from my iPad using my fingers
Hi Rdkendrick, I finished the engine rebuild. I am installing the engine back to the jeep. The problem I am facing now is i could not connect the engine block with the transmission. There is a small gap about <1cm in betweem. The reason is only driver side short-stick on the block get into the hole on transmission case, the "starter" side, i could not get it into the hole. I may need to use hydro jack under the engine and transmission to adjust the position a little bit. I was also suggested to turn/push the torque converter back in, coz it may have fallen out a bit...

Any suggestions?Thanks!
leonhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 08:15 PM   #63
WJHahn

On mine I had to support the engine with my hoist and the trans with a jack. Play with the angles (looking under and on top) and twist and push and it'll eventually go in unless you have something blocking it. DO NOT try to bolt it into place.
WJHahn is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.