4.0 idling at 10 mph - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 4.0 idling at 10 mph

Steering and more from Ruffstuff!The Ruffstuff 9" Disc Brake brackets!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!

Unread 12-16-2013, 03:54 PM   #1
wyattwj123
2000 WJ 

4.0 idling at 10 mph

Hey my 2000 4.0 116,000 miles idles at about 10 mph haha when in park with no a.c the idle is at 700 about 800 with ac on! When I put jeep in drive it lowers to about 650 till I let off the brake and slowly reaches 950 and hits 10 mph there's got to be something up! My fuel pressure is also kinda high about 55 but I replaces the regulator/ filter twice and it stayed the same and checked all vac lines found no leaks don't know what it could be! Jeep sounds smooth just when in drive seems to go a bit to fast haha! Only thing done to it is manga flow exhaust and cold air intake have had this jeep for two years I think it's proggresivley gotten worse any input thanks.

wyattwj123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-16-2013, 06:26 PM   #2
berndog67
2003 WJ 

not a 100% up on the 42re's, but on the 5/45rfe's the trans input and output speed sensors can go bad and cause the speed fluctuations, its not very common but does happen, there cheap and fairly easy to replace too, also no check engine light?
2003 WJ Overland, 4.7HO, D30 & D44A (1 tons going in now!), RC Long Arm, lifted 4" Front 6" Rear, RC 2.2 4" Shocks, JKS track bar, custom hi-steer, 35" Procomp M/T's on JK rims, beefed up Overland rock rails, custom skids and dif gaurds, Rugged Ridge 8500 synthetic winch in custom hidden mount
berndog67 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-16-2013, 06:53 PM   #3
wyattwj123
2000 WJ 

No cel
Unread 12-16-2013, 08:15 PM   #4
berndog67
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyattwj123 View Post
No cel
k, no abs light either? i did some looking and the 42re has only an output speed sensor, id prolly replace that and go from there, there cheap online at places like ebay and rockauto, but id prolly stick with name brands for any electrical sensor on our wj's, because they can be very very picky when it comes to things like that
2003 WJ Overland, 4.7HO, D30 & D44A (1 tons going in now!), RC Long Arm, lifted 4" Front 6" Rear, RC 2.2 4" Shocks, JKS track bar, custom hi-steer, 35" Procomp M/T's on JK rims, beefed up Overland rock rails, custom skids and dif gaurds, Rugged Ridge 8500 synthetic winch in custom hidden mount
berndog67 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2013, 11:16 AM   #5
wyattwj123
2000 WJ 

No abs lights no lights on at all hmm I'll have to look into that

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.