4.0 calif O2 sensor BUYING GUIDE best reference out there for Mopar Denso NTK brands - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 4.0 calif O2 sensor BUYING GUIDE best reference out there for Mopar Denso NTK brands

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

View Poll Results: Was this info helpful?
Yes 5 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 11-23-2012, 06:17 PM   #1
pdpunome
Web Wheeler

2000 WJ 

4.0 calif O2 sensor BUYING GUIDE best reference out there for Mopar Denso NTK brands

ok, so i have searched all over and no one seems to give all the part numbers for NTK or even Denso needed for the california emissions (2 pre cats) on the 4.0. Everyone argues about what brand to get and goes on about why someone is thinking about buying new o2 sensors.

I need a direct answer of part #'s you have succesfully been using for the 4.0 cali emissions which has the 4 sensors not federal with only 2.

i have compiled all the info i can on both denso and NTK brand sensors and now can pass on the knowledge because of the below:

Mopar part #'s, Connectors/Wireharnesses, and sizes:
1/1 (18") 56041212AE (before cat) Grey 9/6
1/2 (12") 56041212AF (after cat) Black 9/7
2/1 (10.5") 56041676AA (before cat) Grey 9/6
2/2 (14") 56041344AD (after cat) Black 9/7

NTK part #'s, Connectors/Wireharnesses, and sizes:
23088 (14") Black 9/7
23099 (18") Black 9/7
23122 (10") Grey 9/6
23151 (18") Grey 9/6

Denso part #'s, Connectors/Wireharnesses, and sizes:
234-4115 (11.81") Grey 9/6
234-4076 (20.11") Grey 9/6
234-4078 (11.13") Black 9/7
234-4079 (15.11") Black 9/7

so obviously none of these match 100% in regards to the length as NTK claims they are OE manufacturer and Denso claims to be OE replacement. I am not looking for a debate or lesson on which brands to run this is informational.

If you follow the logic of the wire harness plug connector clock position ie: 9/6 and 9/7 it is the position the harness plugs in with the nubs, so the two top pre cat connectors are at 9 oclock and 6 oclock positions while the two bottom after pre cats are 9/7 so they are noticably closer together than the top two.

check out the images i created to help guide you in buying the correct Mopar, Denso, or NTK sensors which are the three everyone seems to agree upon using on the 4.0

capture.png   23151a.jpg  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.