33" tires on a Grand Cherokee Laredo ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 33" tires on a Grand Cherokee Laredo ?

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 10-17-2003, 01:26 AM   #1
Steeda

33" tires on a Grand Cherokee Laredo ?

I need to know if 33" Mickey Thompson's will fit on a '99 Grand Cherokee Laredo without having to add a lift kit or any major modifications.

To replace the same tires on there now, it will cost about $600 for the tires, mounting balancing, valve stems, NOT including an alignment.

A friend of mine has 33" Mickey's which are already on a sweet set of rims that he would sell me for $300. So if I can save myself $300 by getting bigger tires AND a nice set of rims, take it to another friend's shop to have mounted, balanced, AND aligned, I would be a very happy man.

However, if it would require a lift kit or any other major mods, it wouldn't be worth it, since that will end up costing more money in the end.

Steeda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2003, 01:36 AM   #2
whitevette

No, they won't fit.

20characters
'77 Corvette L-48
'74 Land Cruiser FJ40
whitevette is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2003, 04:20 AM   #3
Texas ZJ1
Jeep Jedi Master

1994 ZJ 

Have you even rolled those tires up to your grand and done an "eyeball it for size" check?

They will fit with a lift kit. Not without.

Hunter

94 5.9 Laredo 6.5 RE lift with 35 Maxxis Bighorns
and 33 Bridgestone Duelers
Detroit and true trac
Red Jeep Club Member
REDNECK JCM
Texas Jeep Owner #6
USN Jeep Club #4
http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/

For your performance needs:

kolak@kolakperformance.com
Texas ZJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2003, 09:44 AM   #4
Steeda

Nah I haven't been able to do an "eyeball" fit as he lives about 2 hours away. I saw them when I was helping him move afew months ago. They're beautiful tires, only 3 k miles on 'em. It's a shame to see them just sitting there in a basement.

Also could I go with say 2" coil spacers for now until I have the $ to afford a nice lift kit ?

Last edited by Steeda; 10-17-2003 at 09:59 AM..
Unread 10-17-2003, 12:36 PM   #5
Texas ZJ1
Jeep Jedi Master

1994 ZJ 

You could add the 2BB but the tires still won't fit. You'd have to severely cut the fenderwells and unless you are willing, I recommend against that.

33s usually don't fit unless you are at least at 4 or 6 inches of lift.

Do some searching and reading through www.nagca.com under the photos pages. You'll see lots of modded WJs and you can see what you like and don't like without having to spend money first.

Hunter

94 5.9 Laredo 6.5 RE lift with 35 Maxxis Bighorns
and 33 Bridgestone Duelers
Detroit and true trac
Red Jeep Club Member
REDNECK JCM
Texas Jeep Owner #6
USN Jeep Club #4
http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/

For your performance needs:

kolak@kolakperformance.com
Texas ZJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2003, 08:22 AM   #6
Steeda

I see. Sounds like a lot more than I want to get into. Thanks a bunch for the info.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.