30 in LED bar too wide for bumper?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 30 in LED bar too wide for bumper??

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail TJ, YJ and CJ A/T Fender Flares available @ Oconee Off-Roa*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*

Unread 12-18-2013, 09:46 AM   #1
texlurch
2002 WJ 

30 in LED bar too wide for bumper??

Had wife measure the "dip" in the front bumper, in front of the grill
She came up with 32 in, sound right?
Thinking a 30" wide double row spot/flood should fit there just about perfect... ?

Planning to order so all my bits are there when I get home.. to start on the bumper build..

comments/thoughts?

Colorado Jeep Club Member #383
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2013, 10:35 PM   #2
deanfootlong
2002 WJ 

You're not going to be able to mount it on there. I run a 30" light bar and it's perfect size for the wj but I have it mounted on a 4x4fabworks light bar.
deanfootlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2013, 10:55 PM   #3
gcjeeping
2001 WJ 

Depending on what you can fab you can mount it to the top of the front bumper. You will have to fab metal brackets and mount them under the bumper skin. A simple "L" bracket out of thicker material would work fine.

gcjeeping is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2013, 11:56 PM   #4
texlurch
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanfootlong View Post
You're not going to be able to mount it on there. I run a 30" light bar and it's perfect size for the wj but I have it mounted on a 4x4fabworks light bar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcjeeping View Post
Depending on what you can fab you can mount it to the top of the front bumper. You will have to fab metal brackets and mount them under the bumper skin. A simple "L" bracket out of thicker material would work fine.
Width is my only concern; I am building a steel bumper and want the bar so I can mount it while building.....
Just don't want to order it site unseen, and find out it is too wide for that spot in front of the grill. My time is limited at home so I am trying to get stuff delivered so I can start as soon as I can.

And I know my woman is not always "perfect" with a tape so I figured I would double check!
Unread 12-19-2013, 12:08 AM   #5
texlurch
2002 WJ 

Well, looking at this picture, and noting from another thread that the measurement between the rails is around 28 in, the 30 in bar will be too wide.
At least the style with the mounts on the ends anyhow; that puts the mounts right where the bumper curves up at the ends of the grill.

More study needed!
223.jpg  
Unread 12-19-2013, 12:23 AM   #6
Timbo24
2000 WJ 

Saw this on eBay one day I believe it was a 20 inch bar.
image-913877899.jpg

Timbo24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2013, 12:45 AM   #7
texlurch
2002 WJ 

Timbo24, got a link? That sure looks wider than 20"

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.