3" lift has finally all arrived - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 3" lift has finally all arrived

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 03-14-2014, 11:30 AM   #16
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

I had to trim a little with 245/75R16's at 4.5" BS...

ChrisHager's 'Grilled' Thread

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyooooooh View Post
But ChrisHager makes me want to poor water on a burning bucket of gasoline now just out of curiosity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
The latest lift kit from Rough Country? :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples View Post
Your symptoms sounds just like what it does when it's not doing what it should because of how it is.
ChrisHager is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2014, 11:51 AM   #17
VBJeepWJ
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisHager View Post
Allow myself to quote... myself. These measurements are for the OME HD springs I installed.
Quote:
I had to trim a little with 245/75R16's at 4.5" BS...
I don't mind trimming the front fascia I actually don't even mind cutting the thing in half. I will also be making a build thread with my results and condition of all the parts as well as problems I ran into.
VBJeepWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2014, 02:33 PM   #18
Johnyre
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBJeepWJ View Post
I think 2.75 is reasonable results from a 3" lift. I just have to make sure the 265 75 16s fit.
You are going to have to trim A lot more then you think. Including the rear bumper. Ask me how I know
Johnyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2014, 02:57 PM   #19
VBJeepWJ
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnyre View Post
You are going to have to trim A lot more then you think. Including the rear bumper. Ask me how I know
Do you have the ome hd springs
Unread 03-14-2014, 05:17 PM   #20
Johnyre
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Do you have the ome hd springs
No But I am sitting at around that hight and know because I had to, almost ripped the bumper off....
Unread 03-14-2014, 05:23 PM   #21
VBJeepWJ
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnyre View Post
No But I am sitting at around that hight and know because I had to, almost ripped the bumper off....
whats your hub to fender measurements?
Unread 03-14-2014, 06:48 PM   #22
Johnyre
2002 WJ 

Just shy of 21 in the back and 21 flat front
Unread 03-15-2014, 07:03 AM   #23
kkbenco
2003 WJ 

OMES imo will NOT give you 3" of lift

Quote:
I have heard mixed reviews on this. Kolak has sworn up and down that it will give a 3 inch lift.
I have went thru 2 sets of ome hds in my wj from kolak. ABSOLUTLY no way did I get 3" of lift. First set 1.5 ish second 2 ish. Second set, ride so stiff, worse than my 03 f350. Beware, go direct to IRO.
kkbenco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2014, 07:23 AM   #24
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

I love my OME HDs. Turned out perfect for me on the first try...

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
But ChrisHager makes me want to poor water on a burning bucket of gasoline now just out of curiosity.
Quote:
Quote:
Your symptoms sounds just like what it does when it's not doing what it should because of how it is.
Unread 03-15-2014, 08:27 AM   #25
VBJeepWJ
2003 WJ 

Quote:
I love my OME HDs. Turned out perfect for me on the first try...
I have heard nothing but good things about them. I have to think sometimes there is operator error when installing the lifts. I have done a lot of research on this and it seems like if the person has an extensive review the results are good. If the results aren't good it is someone who doesn't sound too bright ranting and raving. I am not insulting anyone just an observation I have had.
Unread 03-15-2014, 09:41 AM   #26
veiri86

2003 WJ 

Quote:

I have heard nothing but good things about them. I have to think sometimes there is operator error when installing the lifts. I have done a lot of research on this and it seems like if the person has an extensive review the results are good. If the results aren't good it is someone who doesn't sound too bright ranting and raving. I am not insulting anyone just an observation I have had.
In my opinion after short experience with few items from different manufacturers, it is all a matter of luck and these manufacturers QC is terrible as you can find quite few pairs of springs with different length or different rating (just my opinion)

Sent from ME

01' 4.7 Limited WJ 5" lifted, Rubicon Express 4.5" coil springs with IRO critical path setup and Bilstien 5100 shocks all around, JKS adjustable Trackbar (KOR bushings), JKS HD tie rod (MOOG problem solver Ends), JKS HD drag link (Moog Probel solver Ends), 4.56 Yukon ring and pinion, Moog HD SSD107 Steering Stabilizer, IRO Front drive shaft conversion, Stillen slotted rotors all around with Stillen brake pads, IRO adjustable A-Arm, 3" all the way Kolak Exhaust with High flow Magnaflow Cat. Converter and Flowmaster Super 50 Muffler, 285/70R17 AT Kumho (33") on 17" BlackWheel rims 909B, K&N Cold air intake, Four nozzles Bosch injectors, and Flashpaq 3780.

03' 4.7 H.O WJ 3" lifted, OME HD with 0.5" Coil spacers and Bilstien 5100 shocks all around, JKS adjustable Trackbar (KOR bushings), Moog Problem solver TRE's, IRO Front drive shaft conversion, IRO adjustable A-Arm, High flow magnaflow mini cats, high flow magnaflow cat, Flowmaster Super 44 muffler, 265/65R17 AT Yokohama on 17" Rays rims, and Flashpaq 3780
veiri86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2014, 11:48 AM   #27
Tollmtn
2004 WJ 

Quote:
The variables such as model, engine, the condition and type of the OEM springs and shocks, being replaced, if the spring isolators are replaced or even the same brands are used, if the shocks are monotube gas or hydro all make a difference in ride height. Blanket statements on what to expect lift wise can not be made because of the variables.

Two people in this thread alone said they only gained 2" of lift. OME list both the light and HD springs as giving 1.5" of lift. Frankly the results with them have been all over the place in about every thread that pops up.

Chris gained 2.75" in the front and 2" in the rear. So it boils down to 3/4" difference in the front from some other members. Don't forget this is between different sets of springs, OME springs have changed in ride height in the past pointing to the possibility of questionable quality control.

So IMO. If a person is kind enough to share his experience with the parts and they differ from a person preconceived notions, he would be well served to listen to them rather than question their IQ.
Tollmtn is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2014, 02:11 PM   #28
kkbenco
2003 WJ 

Did you get 3"?

Quote:
I have finally received all of the components for my 3" OME HD lift and I felt the need to tell everyone because I have been wanting it for 3 months now. I am curious if there is anything people would like me to take pictures of while doing it or to look for while doing it. I know there is a lot of literature out there, but cant hurt to have more and I would be glad to help anyone out.
I have gone thru 2 sets of ome hds from Kolak, no way 3" lift is possible from them. New isolators every time, got 2" max running 5100 bills. Ride is like a tank. Choose wisely. iro
kkbenco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2014, 02:29 PM   #29
WJLTD2001
2001 WJ 

I have the ome HD springs with 10mm ome spacers all around from Kolak and measure 21.5" hub to fender all around.
WJLTD2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2014, 02:51 PM   #30
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkbenco View Post

I have gone thru 2 sets of ome hds from Kolak, no way 3" lift is possible from them. New isolators every time, got 2" max running 5100 bills. Ride is like a tank. Choose wisely. iro
You aren't doing something right. That is so weird. Using isolators helps... :-)

That being said, if you truely had a bad experiece with OME, it's totally understandable giving them a negative review. IRO is a great lift as well. Either will be a great choice.

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.