3" IRO lift ?'s - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 3" IRO lift ?'s

ExtremeTerrain has Daystar Wrangler Parts!Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 04-23-2013, 10:56 AM   #1
Minnesota-WJ
2002 WJ 

Wj 3" IRO lift ?'s

hey guys, I've been eyeing the IRO 3" lift for some time now, but being a student, money is tight. Would I be alright if i just got the shocks and coils? I'm hoping to get away without the track bar and sway bar links. Has anybody tried this?

Minnesota-WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 10:58 AM   #2
TeeJay4490
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota-WJ View Post
hey guys, I've been eyeing the IRO 3" lift for some time now, but being a student, money is tight. Would I be alright if i just got the shocks and coils? I'm hoping to get away without the track bar and sway bar links. Has anybody tried this?
sway bar links you can get away with without having but you need a new track bar.

1999 Grand Laredo 4x4: [SIZE="2"]Whats left of a front bumper - JK Saharas' with 33's - 4 in. Rough Country lift - HID conversion - Double cardon conversion - TJ gas cap mod - Recovery points added - Painted cladding and grill - Skid plates - All moog suspension- Roof Rack -CB radio - Cut and trimmed fenders[/SIZE]

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/tjswj-build-thread-1438516/[/url]

[url]http://wjjeeps.com/[/url]
TeeJay4490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 12:31 PM   #3
its-me-B
2002 WJ 

i wanna say the sway bar end links are part of the kit. if your on a budget contact kolak ( member on here ) he is an iro vendor. i've got the same kit with adjustable trackbar. great lift for the money...
Zombie Outbreak Response Unit #396
its-me-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 12:57 PM   #4
JimmydaGreek

2002 WJ 

Or go with the OME HD, great kit from Kolak and good on the budget too!
Unread 04-23-2013, 02:23 PM   #5
Howler_GT
1994 XJ Cherokee 

The other option is to save up and buy the full kit and do everything at one time.

Howler_GT
Howler_GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 05:01 PM   #6
JGC99
1999 WJ 

You live in Minnesota, go down there and talk to the guys. Darrick hooked me up as I was in your type of position (student, low income) and he got me some stuff that was used for test fitting and such. I have this lift with an adjustable track bar and Bilsteins. I first had Doestch tech 8000's and went to Bilstein's shortly there after. Take a hint.

Plus it's fun to look at all their parts and other lifted Jeeps there.
JGC99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 06:22 PM   #7
wvracer821

2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmydaGreek View Post
Or go with the OME HD, great kit from Kolak and good on the budget too!
the IRO 3" is much better on the budget
wvracer821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 10:03 AM   #8
JimmydaGreek

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvracer821 View Post
the IRO 3" is much better on the budget
True, not by too far though.
Unread 05-05-2013, 11:51 PM   #9
Minnesota-WJ
2002 WJ 

Thanks for all the input guys. I did end up going there and talking with the guys. I just wanted to know people's opinions on here before I went down there. I just enrolled in an even more expensive school though, so I'm probably going to just keep the BB for now.
Unread 05-06-2013, 08:53 AM   #10
mjWJ12
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGC99 View Post
You live in Minnesota, go down there and talk to the guys. Darrick hooked me up as I was in your type of position (student, low income) and he got me some stuff that was used for test fitting and such. I have this lift with an adjustable track bar and Bilsteins. I first had Doestch tech 8000's and went to Bilstein's shortly there after. Take a hint.

you sound like me. Im about to switch shocks too. Wh did you switch? specifics?
(04 WJ Laredo)3" IRO +3/4" front spacers; Custom rear bumper +d-rings; universal front tow hook; plasti-dipped 16" silverblades; premium sliders; custom hi-lift mount; 265/75/16 Cooper Discoverer ATP.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/mjwj12-build-thread-1436508/"]Here is my Build Thread[/URL]
mjWJ12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2013, 09:07 AM   #11
JGC99
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjWJ12

you sound like me. Im about to switch shocks too. Wh did you switch? specifics?
I switched because those DT8000s rode hard. I got Bilsteins from Kolak on here. Think they are 5100s. The shock everyone else runs, brushed aluminum tube with black boot covers.
Unread 05-06-2013, 09:14 AM   #12
mjWJ12
2004 WJ 

Quote:
I switched because those DT8000s rode hard. I got Bilsteins from Kolak on here. Think they are 5100s. The shock everyone else runs, brushed aluminum tube with black boot covers.
hows the comparison?

this is what im going to do when money comes together..
(04 WJ Laredo)3" IRO +3/4" front spacers; Custom rear bumper +d-rings; universal front tow hook; plasti-dipped 16" silverblades; premium sliders; custom hi-lift mount; 265/75/16 Cooper Discoverer ATP.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/mjwj12-build-thread-1436508/"]Here is my Build Thread[/URL]
mjWJ12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2013, 09:33 PM   #13
highlander03
2002 WJ 

Wj

Quote:

Hey JGC99,
Just wondering what guys you are talking about in this post? Currently on the east coast in central PA but moving back to MN in a minute ( still own a house there) would love to start building some connections for some parts back home! I drive a 2002 JGC limited and waiting the springs to complete my 3 inch Kolak lift might need some help with things once I get back!

Thanks Highlander
highlander03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 05:18 AM   #14
lance-tek
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota-WJ View Post
If you are thinking about just shocks and coils due to money being tight you might want to instead just get a BB while you are saving up for your real lift. Some members on here have a BB sitting in their garage that they graduated from when they had the money.

I would say talk to Kolak as well to get the best for your buck. I have the IRO 3" lift on my WJ right now and I do like it but in hindsight, I would have liked to have gotten Adjustable CAs as well as more height. So, I should have just held off and gotten a different lift (Long Arms probably)... oh and Bilstien 5100 are GREAT!!!
Unread 05-07-2013, 06:33 AM   #15
JGC99
1999 WJ 

Ya if it was me I would wait until you had the money to do the 3". A BB is just an intermediate step that costs people more money in the long run. Likely with a BB you'll want bigger tires, yet can't fit the same size tires with a 3" as a 2". Just easier to buy things once. I think for mild off roading yet still maintaining everyday drivability, you can't go wrong with a 3".

Highlander
In that post I was telling him to go visit IRO. They are based in Shakopee Minnesota. They are very friendly there and always willing to help out

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.