3" front and 2" rear lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 3" front and 2" rear lift

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-22-2014, 09:29 PM   #1
bessyboy
2001 WJ 

3" front and 2" rear lift

As anybody heard of putting 3" coils up front and 2" in the rear? I think that this will give it a good stance. I know this is going to probably create some hate but only respond if you have heard of this or have somthing positive to say

Unread 07-22-2014, 09:56 PM   #2
JPugh
2004 WJ 

Ive heard of people putting maybe a half inch or so more up front, check the picture thread. I personally wouldn't do any such thing. It's aerodynamically a bad choice, and performance-wise you're going to give the front another inch to way pointlessly outflex the rear.

John
JPugh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2014, 10:14 PM   #3
bessyboy
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPugh
Ive heard of people putting maybe a half inch or so more up front, check the picture thread. I personally wouldn't do any such thing. It's aerodynamically a bad choice, and performance-wise you're going to give the front another inch to way pointlessly outflex the rear.
haha aerodynamics! As far as the flex goes, does it really matter that much? I mean I don't do much off roading, more or less on the sand dunes if anything
Unread 07-22-2014, 10:26 PM   #4
Laura_04WJ
2004 WJ 

I technically have 4" in the front and 3" in the back. It sits pretty level in my opinion (though the difference in well-wheel space from front to back seems to trick the eye).
First picture is about an hour after the lift was finished. Second is almost 3 months after with tires and painted trim.

Laura_04WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2014, 10:30 PM   #5
bessyboy
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura_04WJ
I technically have 4" in the front and 3" in the back. It sits pretty level in my opinion (though the difference in well-wheel space from front to back seems to trick the eye). First picture is about an hour after the lift was finished. Second is almost 3 months after with tires and painted trim.
thanks man! That's what I was looking for. I have a 2" bb right now and the front still sits lower, I want it to be completely level like your ls
Unread 07-22-2014, 10:30 PM   #6
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Why do it at all? You'll have to buy two sets of lift kit, and what advantage does it bring you?

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2014, 10:32 PM   #7
bessyboy
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC
Why do it at all? You'll have to buy two sets of lift kit, and what advantage does it bring you?
how do I have to buy 2 sets of lifts again? I already have pucks in front and rear. I loose the pucks in the front and get 3" coils as well as maybe sway bar links and shocks?
Unread 07-22-2014, 10:56 PM   #8
Hack
2003 WJ 

My BB was offset 1/2" more in the front. When I switched to springs I ran front 3/4" spacers for a while before installing my winch. I'm sure the winch sucked some of that up, but I like the more level stance.
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2014, 10:57 PM   #9
Laura_04WJ
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessyboy View Post
thanks man! That's what I was looking for. I have a 2" bb right now and the front still sits lower, I want it to be completely level like your ls
I'm a chick, just to clarify.
It sits pretty nice and rides good too. Of course I already want to lift it higher though; like everybody says, it's never tall enough!
Laura_04WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2014, 11:00 PM   #10
bessyboy
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura_04WJ
I'm a chick, just to clarify. It sits pretty nice and rides good too. Of course I already want to lift it higher though; like everybody says, it's never tall enough!
sorry about that! Didn't notice your user name haha, but yeah it's just temporary hopefully until I go 6" next year haha

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.