2in BB Bilstein shock help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 2in BB Bilstein shock help

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJeep Tweaks at JeepHutSteering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 07-20-2013, 08:53 PM   #1
thevetteguy
2004 WJ 

2in BB Bilstein shock help

I know this question gets asked all the time, but I cant seem to find a good answer.

I just installed daystars 2in BB (won it at a jeep jamboree) on my 04 wj. I decided that I wanted new shocks because the old ones are just beat up. I have settled on Bilsteins, but don't know which ones to get. I have read that people use ones made for lifted applications, and then a stock size. I see that Bilsteins 5100 get talked about a lot, but I do not know if they are the right choice.

my 04 wj has 31's on it, and it is the v8 (not sure I need heavier duty shocks on the front).

sorry for asking this question because it gets asked all the time, but I don't want to buy the wrong ones.

thanks

thevetteguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2013, 09:04 PM   #2
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

Get the Bilstein 5100s in the 1.5-2" lift application. Stock length is too short.
billzcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2013, 09:09 PM   #3
LarryDallas
2001 WJ 

Contact Kolak for great pricing and knowledge. He's the man.
Unread 07-20-2013, 11:45 PM   #4
Kolak
Vendor

I have Bilsteins on special right now. See my thread over the Vendor Forum here:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f43/b...-ever-1547432/

I know which are the correct extended/collapsed lengths for use with your BB. Send me a PM here on the forum and we'll chat.
kolak@aol.com or kolak@kolakperformance.com
Kolak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2013, 06:27 AM   #5
bowhunter69
2004 WJ 

love my 5100 fronts ordering my back shocks..GREAT price...
bowhunter69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.