242 transfer case swap to a 247 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 242 transfer case swap to a 247

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsCurrie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!

Unread 06-24-2013, 08:22 PM   #1
subford
1999 WJ 

242 transfer case swap to a 247

Okay, so I want to do a 242 transfer case swap because my 247 is shot.
I need to know about the drive shafts. Are the drive shafts the same length front and rear on the 242 and the 247?
The 242 in from a 1999 WJ and mine is also a 1999 WJ.
The 242 is out of a 4.0L and mine is a 4.7L
Will the input shaft be the same? If not can I swap them?

Thanks

Bill K
subford is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2013, 08:28 PM   #2
USFORCES
2004 WJ 

You need the rear shaft that came with the transfer case.
Unread 06-24-2013, 08:47 PM   #3
ezflip

2002 WJ 

Front drive shaft is the same, rear will need to be swapped to the same shaft that came out of your 242 donor jeep. The input shaft will also need to be swapped out.

2002 Overland - 4.7 HO, "Select-Drive", 4" RC long arms, TAG front winch bumper, 32" BFG KM's, Kolak 3" exhaust, Flowmaster 50 series

Build Thread
ezflip is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.