JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   WJ Grand Cherokee Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/)
-   -   2004 wj overland lift kit (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/2004-wj-overland-lift-kit-1772978/)

Cherokee4life 11-09-2013 02:09 AM

2004 wj overland lift kit
 
Hi everybody
I am looking for a lift kit ranging from 3-4 inches. So far I have found brands I am not familiar since I relied on 4wheel parts for my zj prior to this. Ironrock offers a 4 inch kit as well as a 4 inch long arm kit. Two questions. What are you inputs on this brand (reviews, durability)? Secondly, are these complete kits? I would very much like to have xtra cash saved up just in case.
Thanks

wjjeep19 11-09-2013 08:55 AM

Teraflex was my absolute favorite for lifts, unfortunately they dont do wjs any more. The only lift kits I would buy mine are Iron Rock Offroad. And i recommend the lift kit, not the long arm kit.

spanky02 11-09-2013 09:52 AM

Iron rock is a good company. Spend the money and get the long arm kit. If you want to spend a little extra cash and get the best kit look up Clayton long arm kits for a wj.

dcorn 11-11-2013 06:57 PM

Clayton.

Kolak 11-12-2013 12:37 AM

A 3" lift will be a lot less expensive than a 4" kit since you don't need as many parts to correct the suspension geometry.

Old Man Emu or Iron Rock would be the best choices in terms of a 3" lift.

At 4" Iron Rock Offroad or Claytons are the two best.

What size tires are you wanting to install?

I'm an OME, IRO, and Claytons dealer, so I'm happy to assist whichever approach you decide to take.

Cherokee4life 11-13-2013 10:46 AM

OME or IR?
 
Thanks Kolack. I currently have the heavy duty lift from OME intended for winches nd tire carriers. I think it gives me a solid 2.5 inch lift. However I havnt been able to find any OME lifts ranging to 3 inches or higher. Fortunately I have money saved up and would love to boost up to a 3.5-4 inch kit. Any recommendations?

Cherokee4life 11-13-2013 10:49 AM

Also running 31's but after a lot of trim work on the rears. I would love a 4 inch but how complete do the iron rock kits come? What adjustments would I have to make and if possible, what kinda budget am I looking at?

WJChris 11-13-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kolak (Post 17633465)
A 3" lift will be a lot less expensive than a 4" kit since you don't need as many parts to correct the suspension geometry.

Old Man Emu or Iron Rock would be the best choices in terms of a 3" lift.

At 4" Iron Rock Offroad or Claytons are the two best.

What size tires are you wanting to install?

I'm an OME, IRO, and Claytons dealer, so I'm happy to assist whichever approach you decide to take.

I am a very happy customer of Nick (KOlak) and was very happy with the OME lift he designed for me.

I took it to the Rubicon on 31's and had a blast! See Avatar!

Cherokee4life 11-13-2013 01:23 PM

Was it a complete OME kit or components mixed and matched?

WJChris 11-13-2013 01:59 PM

It was OME HD springs, and Rubicon Express shocks. That was the best combination for the ride quality I wanted, and even with steel front and rear bumpers, no noticeable sag.

Cherokee4life 11-13-2013 02:49 PM

O sweet sounds dope. Just catching up with the knowledge of putting together a kit. Guys at 4wheel parts limited my options with jus the mainstream brands that don't offer any variety for the wj's. How much was your materials and labor for your kit?
I currently has a budget nd looking at the iron rock 4 inch kit. But if you think your kit is more cost effective or any other advantages shoot me your opinion!

skain8 11-13-2013 03:07 PM

219 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by WJChris (Post 17675593)
It was OME HD springs, and Rubicon Express shocks. That was the best combination for the ride quality I wanted, and even with steel front and rear bumpers, no noticeable sag.

I miss those RE monotubes. They were nice shocks.

xman2yman 11-13-2013 04:16 PM

Keep me posted with what you go with, I'm hoping to lift my sometime in the not to distant future so I can run some JK rubies with no rubbing and limited trimming. Would love to know what size I need for that and price I am looking at too.

Kolak 11-13-2013 04:31 PM

Sure - there's a couple ways we could go about lifting higher. If you send me a PM we can chat in detail.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherokee4life (Post 17670657)
Thanks Kolack. I currently have the heavy duty lift from OME intended for winches nd tire carriers. I think it gives me a solid 2.5 inch lift. However I havnt been able to find any OME lifts ranging to 3 inches or higher. Fortunately I have money saved up and would love to boost up to a 3.5-4 inch kit. Any recommendations?



The time now is 11:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.