2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Transmission Issues - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Transmission Issues

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDual Color LED Light Bars White/Amber

Unread 07-14-2011, 08:29 PM   #1
mrasnk
2008 WK 

Wj 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Transmission Issues

Hello everyone,

So recently I have been having issues with my 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee and it seems as if it has something to do with the transmission. About 4 months ago, i was merging onto the freeway and once it hit 60mph, it began to have issues. First it dropped the gear, and kept slipping in and out of gear and shortly after stalled dead on the freeway.

I restarted it and then once again got it up to 60mph and it stalled again, not restarting so i had it towed into the shop.

Shop took it out and discovered it was the crankshaft position sensor. This was replaced and the problem seemed to go away....until today. On the way home from work (about 30mins away freeway) it started to slip again, and could not stay in gear. This time it was when I was going 55mph, however it did not stall. I decided to drive it home anyways. I also noticed once stopped at a light, when i take my foot off the brake, it lurches forward about 3 feet before stopping.

I am not sure what the issue might be, possibly transmission? Anyone else have these issues?

More info:
4.0L I6 96,xxx miles.
transmission belts adjusted 4 months ago, at sign of initial problem.

thanks

mrasnk is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.