2004 Grand Cherokee V8 4.7 L Water Pump - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 2004 Grand Cherokee V8 4.7 L Water Pump

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 06-30-2013, 01:31 PM   #1
Ckess22

2004 Grand Cherokee V8 4.7 L Water Pump

I made a diagram as I took the the old one out to ensure that I got the bolts back in their correct spots...anyhow, as I am truly amateur at this, I am second guessing the placement of the bolts...ie which ones go where. Does anyone have a pic/diagram of which bolts go into the assembly where? Anyhow, any instruction here would be great...
thanks.

Ckess22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2013, 02:48 PM   #2
99SK04GTX
2004 WJ 

I doubt something like that is available. As you put the bolts in you should have about a half inch of thread exposed. If the bolt bottoms out you know it is too short, if you have an inch of thread exposed that bolt it too long for that location. A little trial and error and you should get it right.
99SK04GTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2013, 02:54 PM   #3
ezflip
Theme Park Dinosaur Head

2002 WJ 

How many threads need to be started for your water pump issues? This is what, number 3?

The numbers indicate which order they should be installed. Looks like they are all the same except for 1. For the others, it doesn't really matter which ones go where. If they are different lengths, guess and check. It will be pretty obvious if it doesn't fit.
waterpump.jpg

2002 Overland - 4.7 HO, "Select-Drive", 4" RC long arms, TAG front winch bumper, 32" BFG KM's, Kolak 3" exhaust, Flowmaster 50 series

Build Thread

KCCO
ezflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 12:43 AM   #4
Jer-Bear
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezflip View Post
How many threads need to be started for your water pump issues? This is what, number 3?

The numbers indicate which order they should be installed. Looks like they are all the same except for 1. For the others, it doesn't really matter which ones go where. If they are different lengths, guess and check. It will be pretty obvious if it doesn't fit.
Last time I checked, we don't get paid to answer questions on here man. If you don't like the thread, don't click on it and read it. Take it easy.
Unread 07-01-2013, 08:42 AM   #5
ezflip
Theme Park Dinosaur Head

2002 WJ 

Just like to keep the forum clean is all. It doesnt do anyone any good when the front page has 5 threads of the same question.

2002 Overland - 4.7 HO, "Select-Drive", 4" RC long arms, TAG front winch bumper, 32" BFG KM's, Kolak 3" exhaust, Flowmaster 50 series

Build Thread

KCCO
ezflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 08:55 AM   #6
USFORCES
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezflip View Post
Just like to keep the forum clean is all. It doesnt do anyone any good when the front page has 5 threads of the same question.
Agreed, some of the same questions get asked almost on daily basis, Water on passenger side, Drive shaft length ect. Sometimes I go up one page and copy and paste the answer
Unread 07-01-2013, 12:21 PM   #7
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by USFORCES View Post

Agreed, some of the same questions get asked almost on daily basis, Water on passenger side, Drive shaft length ect. Sometimes I go up one page and copy and paste the answer
Been a lot of A/C questions, lately. Probably because of the onset of summer.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner
rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.