2002 WJ OVERLAND heated seats don't work - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 2002 WJ OVERLAND heated seats don't work

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 01-20-2013, 11:34 AM   #1
jean-karim

2002 WJ OVERLAND heated seats don't work

Hi all,

Both front seats on my 2002 WJ Overland don't work, I mean no heat at all from any part of the seats. I have checked all the fuses and they are OK , both switches light up so I was thinking about that C2 breaker but does it control only the heat but also the power motrs of the seats? My motors all work. Then could it be both modules? all the pads in the seats???

Thank you for any sugggestion!

jean-karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 02:54 PM   #2
Rekots
2003 WJ 

Thumbs up

... I have the same issue with mine J-K, so I guess I will be watching this thread ! Mine is an 03 thou.
Rekots is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 03:04 PM   #3
Son-of-Beast
2002 WJ 

Normal issue is a break/short in the bottom cushion under a cross bar in the seat cushion. Several good write-ups for troubleshooting from a quick search here - I will be doing this soon myself.

Dorman makes a plug-and-play replacement kit for the bottom element or both elements, and features a better design for the bottom cushion, seems like most of the DIY fixes only last for a season or two though.
'Son-of-Beast' - '02 WJ Limited, 4.7, 545RFE 5-spd Auto, Quadra-Drive, KOR 2.5" BB, Rancho RS5000's, Firestone Destination AT 265/70R17's, Flowmaster DeltaFlow 40, KMA/TAG armor, JK Fuel Door, Spyder CCFL Halo Projectors, LED Taillights, LED Interior Lights - Build Thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/s...imited-956744/
Son-of-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 03:21 PM   #4
jserna
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Check to see if yours was recalled. My 04 had a recall on the heated seats. Mine were not working either, now my arse gets toasty warm.
jserna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 03:55 PM   #5
jean-karim

Already called and guess what , not a recall one.. Is the bottom pad hooked with the back one so then nothing works? Is the C2 Breaker only for the heated elements or also the power motors?
jean-karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 04:18 PM   #6
Son-of-Beast
2002 WJ 

Not sure about the C2 breaker but yes, if the bottom is shorted the back pad can't heat up.
'Son-of-Beast' - '02 WJ Limited, 4.7, 545RFE 5-spd Auto, Quadra-Drive, KOR 2.5" BB, Rancho RS5000's, Firestone Destination AT 265/70R17's, Flowmaster DeltaFlow 40, KMA/TAG armor, JK Fuel Door, Spyder CCFL Halo Projectors, LED Taillights, LED Interior Lights - Build Thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/s...imited-956744/
Son-of-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.