2002 WJ 4.0 ltr rumbling and shaking! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 2002 WJ 4.0 ltr rumbling and shaking!

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread Today, 04:39 PM   #1
just jeepin

Wj 2002 WJ 4.0 ltr rumbling and shaking!

Hey all, have a problem I know some here may have had to tackle and hope to get advice. Several weeks ago I ran my gas too low and sucked up some crud apparently from my tank. Lots of hesitation for a day or two before it finally threw a code saying a misfire on #4 cylinder. Changed all 6 plugs and reset code and ran ok for about a day. At about 1500 to 1600 rpm I get a severe shake from the motor and the motor seems to be hesitating a lot.

In the past two weeks I have replaced my plugs, changed out the #4 fuel injector, run 4 or 5 cans of sea foam through the gas tank and through the engine thru a vacuum line, and had the dealer hook it up for their diagnostics thinking they would find any leaks before I could. All leads come back to it throwing the code again for #4 cylinder misfire.

Recommendations? What can I do to get my old engine back? Prior to screwing up and driving my tank too low I had a 4.0 with all the pull and performance I wanted. Now at 40-50 mph and engine up to temp it feels like I'm riding the bull at Gilly's for 8 seconds. Someone mentioned sensors at the cam shaft or crank shaft. Could they be affected by gas tank sludge? Help!!!

just jeepin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Today, 09:55 PM   #2
strongt
2003 WJ 

Fuel Filter ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.