Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

2002 upcountry what bilstein's

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  blueseasons 
#1 ·
I have a 2002 overland wj with upcountry suspension. Ill have a 3/4 spacer front and a 10mm spacer or 20mm spacer rear would I want the 4600 for stock hight or 5100 for 1.5-2" lift. Does the upcountry get counted as a lift or no? Thanks I have searched every where looking at stock shock lengths vs aftermarket and can't quite get the answer I want before I throw Down the money.

Dyllan

#2 ·
Kolas is the best person to ask this and to buy from. From what I know if you are not going any higher you are right on the border for either shock. Stock Up country is considered a 1" lift. I have upcountry and will be putting 2" pucks on once I get 5100 Bilsteins.

#3 ·
I have the Upcountry as well, along with 2" lift springs from IRO with Bilstein 5100s. They are a great shock! They dampen very well, which makes them great for "in-town" driving and are very capable offroad too.

Don't get the HDs (blue and yellow) get the silver and black

#4 ·
See that's what making the desision so hard is m esteem the two. From what I resources the 5100 for the front will be fine for length it's the rear 5100s I worried will be to long. It's been a while since I have been on jeep forum. What's the best way to get ahold kolaks

#9 ·
This might be a good place to hijack this post. I have a 2000 WJ with that factory Up-Country lift. I am thinking about doing one of the budget type lifts to maybe 2". So should I buy a 1" budget lift and add the new spacers to the existing ones? Or remove and just buy new 2" spacers. When I replaced my shockers last year. I bought these: Monroe 911523 Reflex Monotube Shock Absorber

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.