2002 Jeep Wj Lengths on UCA Front - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 2002 Jeep Wj Lengths on UCA Front

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 12-12-2013, 08:32 PM   #1
Wjheep

Wj 2002 Jeep Wj Lengths on UCA Front

Hey,
everyone I have a 02 jeep wj with a iron rock 3" lift

-Iron rock 3" springs
-Bilstein 5100 Series Shocks
-Iron Rock Adjustable lower control arms
-Iron Rock Adjustable Track bar
-Iron Rock Extended Rear Sway Bar links

Now what I am looking for is I want to fabricate my own upper fixed control arms and possible a rear spacer for A Arm if anyone has a build thread or might know measurements?

Wjheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2013, 03:42 PM   #2
Tollmtn
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wjheep View Post
Hey,
everyone I have a 02 jeep wj with a iron rock 3" lift

-Iron rock 3" springs
-Bilstein 5100 Series Shocks
-Iron Rock Adjustable lower control arms
-Iron Rock Adjustable Track bar
-Iron Rock Extended Rear Sway Bar links

Now what I am looking for is I want to fabricate my own upper fixed control arms and possible a rear spacer for A Arm if anyone has a build thread or might know measurements?
1. What length do you have your lower arms set at now?
2. Is the Jeep tracking OK indicating that you have enough caster?
3. Do you have driveline vibration?

If the answer to question 1 is between 15 7/8" and 16 1/4", the answer to questions 2 is yes and the answer to 3 is no..... Build your UCAs 14.9" long from bolt hole C/L to bolt hole C/L. If your answers are different, I need more information.

Below is a cad drawing by fulljeep off a sketch of mine that I posted of a 2" spacer. The dimensions may not be perfect they were taken off an existing spacer and checked against an OEM ball joint so they should be close enough for you.

If you are making a 2" weldment the 2.312" counter bored hole will not be a concern to you just as long as that area is open. But if you are machining the spacer the counterbore needs to be at least .275" deep. The depth is not critical as long as it is at least that number, it is just clearance for the protrusion on the bottom of the ball joint.

fulljeep if you read this you could correct your front view to reflect this information. I should have provided you with both views in the first place.

Tollmtn is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.