2001 WJ - Periodic Stalling - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 2001 WJ - Periodic Stalling

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 03-29-2010, 01:41 PM   #1
rescuejeeper

2001 WJ - Periodic Stalling

Recently purchased a 2001 Grand Cherokee with the 4.0

I have been having periodic episodes of it just stalling upon coming to a stop, otherwise it runs strong with no hesitation.

In addition to the occassional stall, i noticed the idle would sometimes flucuate as well.

Im thinking it's a bad Crankshaft Position Sensor? There are no fault codes coming up, and I have no check engine light coming on.

Anybody have any input?

Is the CPS easy to replace, and where is it located?

1995 XJ 4.0 AUTO build up in progress
1993 ZJ 4.0 AUTO all stock
1989 YJ 4.2 5 Speed 4" BDS 1" Body Lift 15x8 33" MT's Regretfully Sold
rescuejeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2010, 03:44 PM   #2
sontog
2004 WJ 

I would start with cleaning your IAC maybe this will help, search the forum for the info I believe the is a good write up with pics to help you do this, that would be the first place to start...
sontog is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.