2001 tow hitch installation question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 2001 tow hitch installation question

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 01-12-2014, 09:16 PM   #1
TeleBruce
2001 WJ 

2001 tow hitch installation question

I'm going to install a hitch I got from a used parts yard. I have the hitch, wiring harness, and the bezel.

The attached diagram shows 2 braces that come with the hitch if you purchase it from the dealer, but I don't have these.

Any problems not using them?
Can they be installed later when I can find some?

Thanks

trailer_hitch_01.jpg

TeleBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2014, 09:31 PM   #2
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Not sure what effect they'd have with towing not having them, but everything will still go on ok, without. When I pulled my hitch, I just left them attached. Not sure why they'd leave them on the vehicle. On my ZJ, the hitch was similar but without having any braces on it. Should be no problem putting them on afterwards, or fab'ing up your own. There really isn't much to them. Picture a tubular piece that's pinched at the ends with holes to bolt into the hitch at one end, the rear of the jeep at the other.

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2014, 09:44 PM   #3
TeleBruce
2001 WJ 

Thank you.
The beer and the tools are already in the driveway ready to go tomorrow morning.
TeleBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2014, 10:12 PM   #4
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Good luck! and hope the install goes smoothly.

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.