2001 JGC Limited swap-part out question and parts - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 2001 JGC Limited swap-part out question and parts

Rugged Ridge 07-14 JK Sherpa Roof Rack available @ Oconee Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Great prices on seating!--Oconee Off-Road

Unread 07-22-2014, 03:47 AM   #1
outofrng623
2004 WJ 

2001 JGC Limited swap-part out question and parts

Hello all. I am looking at buying an 01 Limited as a parts donor for my 04 Laredo. 4.7, Non HO. The engine has a "knock" according to the seller, but they aren't sure what it is and they don't want to spend the money on it.

I can use the airbox, misc trim, tow hitch, tow hooks, going to swap throttle body, rims, tires, some sensors, bumper cover, going to remove injectors, have them serviced and then put into my vehicle...etc

2 things, anyone done this (the swap in general), advice or anything you have run into, I know it has quadra drive, which I do not and 2, anyone looking for parts?

Thanks

outofrng623 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2014, 04:47 AM   #2
86cj74.2L
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Make sure the sensors and injectors are the same.

Could be as simple as a autoparts site and looking up injectors for a 04 and a 01 and seeing if partnumbers are the same.
86cj74.2L is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2014, 05:57 AM   #3
asatxj
2001 WJ 

A knock could be a timing chain. If you are careful it's not a hard job, then you have a new vehicle cheap. If you can pick it up cheap enough do so, diagnose it and then repair/part out. If you are willing to do the work you'll make money. I'm on my 3rd part out and haven't lost yet.
ASAT= All Season All Terrain
asatxj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2014, 06:06 AM   #4
JMZ101586
2004 WJ 

FYI bumper cover is not the same. 04 is unique.
05 STS4 4.6 Northstar AWD
JMZ101586 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2014, 06:34 AM   #5
outofrng623
2004 WJ 

I thought timing chain, haven't looked into how to check it. A family member of his who is a "mechanic" thinks it's a piston. I haven't heard the noise yet. Of they're available today I'm going I start it up and drive it. If it's just a chain I'll flip it. In fair condition it's over 3k around here. It's unfortunate about the bumper but I did realize that. I need one ) : another thing that is different apparently is the purge duty cycle solenoid. That's a negative for me as well. I have to check the throttle body to see if they're interchangeable. It's got hooks, tow package, and 17s with new rubber that I want. A friend of mine wants the interior...I know about 6 people with these jeeps, so parting it out shouldn't be difficult. Lol
Unread 07-22-2014, 06:37 AM   #6
outofrng623
2004 WJ 

Sorry. Missed the sensor and inj post. Yes. I have to check those and the tb. Those and the rims hooks and tow is my main reason for getting it. I'll play and swap out some of the black interior into my taupe vehicle. Thought about cluster but apparently the cluster needs to be programmed for the mileage. Better off just selling it. Lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.