2001 Grand Cherkee Limited V8 oil leak - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 2001 Grand Cherkee Limited V8 oil leak

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 05-22-2013, 06:03 AM   #1
snorander
2001 WJ 

2001 Grand Cherkee Limited V8 oil leak

I have a 2001 Grand Cherokee Limited with the V8 and I have noticed That I am going through almost 2 quarts in about 3000 miles. I haven't had a chance to crawl around under it yet to see If I can tell were the leak is. I don't notice that it is burning oil. Just wondering if there are any obvious places to look for a leak. Any input would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

snorander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2013, 08:33 AM   #2
KayCeeJeep
2004 WJ 

That's a lot. If it's actually leaking it should be easy to find at that rate. If your engine is consuming it, try changing your PCV valve.
KayCeeJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2013, 08:46 AM   #3
metalhead
2000 WJ 

valve cover gaskets. The right side on mine is leaking pretty good. I did replace the left side gasket and that took care of the leak on that side. You have to look at the back of the valve cover.
metalhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2013, 09:17 AM   #4
snorander
2001 WJ 

Yes, Def. a lot, thanks for the info!
Unread 05-22-2013, 11:01 AM   #5
snorander
2001 WJ 

Well I replaced the PVC valve on my lunch we'll see if that makes a difference. No noticable leaks seen from under the hood. I have to change the oil this weekend so I get under it with a light and see if I can spot anything.
Unread 05-22-2013, 12:27 PM   #6
KayCeeJeep
2004 WJ 

No need to change the oil at only 3k anymore unless you are truly under severe service, that and you've added 2 fresh quarts in that time to boot.

If you've lost 2 quarts from a leak you should have no trouble finding it, it'll look like a small creek!
KayCeeJeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.