2001 4.7l help!? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 2001 4.7l help!?

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 09-19-2013, 04:12 PM   #1
wesley386

2001 4.7l help!?

I have a 2001 4x4 jeep grand cherokee,4.7l v8
I have questions !
1) what is the best lift for this vehicle? wanna be on 33s
2)what is the best programe/chip ....

wesley386 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2013, 04:29 PM   #2
brouwmat
Web Wheeler

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesley386
I have a 2001 4x4 jeep grand cherokee,4.7l v8 I have questions ! 1) what is the best lift for this vehicle? wanna be on 33s 2)what is the best programe/chip ....
You can do almost a 32" tire on a 4" lift with no trim. If you're OK trimming it's possible on a 4" lift I think but you might want to look at a 6" lift if you don't want to trim. I am sure there are others here that could answer your question better than I can.

Did you look at the lift chart?
brouwmat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2013, 06:01 PM   #3
skain8
Under Construction

2002 WJ 

Best lift? Custom 3 link up front with triangulated 4 link out back. 33's can be had only with lots of trimming at 4". Trimming still needed at 6" for 33's, unless this is a street queen.

*looking to buy 3" springs or swap my 4.5" springs for your 3" springs -- PM me*
skain8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2013, 06:27 PM   #4
texlurch
2002 WJ 

Open ended question on "fitting" 33's.. what width 33? How much wheel offset? How much you willing to trim and do you want to clear when flexed?
Colorado Jeep Club Member #383
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2013, 07:39 PM   #5
wesley386

im looking for a liftkit I can buy offline with everything I need,I cant find it in 6"...
also what could I do to.add some power to.the engine,I wantet to het a programmer or chip or flashpac whatever....whats yals opi.ions on that
Unread 09-19-2013, 07:40 PM   #6
wesley386

online***get****
Unread 09-19-2013, 08:37 PM   #7
skain8
Under Construction

2002 WJ 

So you no longer want the best?

*looking to buy 3" springs or swap my 4.5" springs for your 3" springs -- PM me*
Unread 09-19-2013, 09:00 PM   #8
brouwmat
Web Wheeler

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesley386 View Post
im looking for a liftkit I can buy offline with everything I need,I cant find it in 6"...
also what could I do to.add some power to.the engine,I wantet to het a programmer or chip or flashpac whatever....whats yals opi.ions on that
Look at Iron Rock Offroad, Rough Country. I think they both have kits for 6". Otherwise, Clayton Offroad is considered the best.
brouwmat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2013, 10:51 PM   #9
texlurch
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brouwmat View Post
Look at Iron Rock Offroad, Rough Country. I think they both have kits for 6". Otherwise, Clayton Offroad is considered the best.
Only IRO or Clayton offer a 6; RC only offers a 4.5 but it is easily raised to 6 with different springs and shocks

Unfortunately, going to 6 or higher adds a bunch more needs than "just" the lift kit.

There is tons of info on this forum if you take the time to search and study up a bit.

The bottom line is the WJ is not the easiest to lift and keep driving "like stock".
Colorado Jeep Club Member #383
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2013, 08:22 AM   #10
skain8
Under Construction

2002 WJ 

For what its worth, Clayton does offer 4.5".

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.