2000 WJ Laredo - both side mirrors broken, can I get heated ones? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 2000 WJ Laredo - both side mirrors broken, can I get heated ones?

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 06-11-2015, 10:56 AM   #1
steve_80
2000 WJ 

2000 WJ Laredo - both side mirrors broken, can I get heated ones?

Both springs or whatever holds the side mirrors in place have now broken and I use black duct tape to stop them from swiveling.

I was looking on Amazon, and saw there are heated and non-heated. My current ones are not heated, but can I add the heated ones? Would there be a plug on the Jeep to plug them into, or is that only for the cold-weather group addon?

If I cannot get the heated, are these any good?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

steve_80 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2015, 11:22 AM   #2
Jrboarder27
2000 WJ 

In my experience the wire are always installed at the factory for every option, and then it is up to what ever options package that model has as to what they actually install.

So yes I would think plug and play the heated mirrors. In fact the power for the heat is probably already in the connection that is already ther for the power mirrors.
Jrboarder27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2015, 11:26 AM   #3
Jrboarder27
2000 WJ 

I've also had good experiences with rockauto.com so look for mirrors there as well.
Jrboarder27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2015, 11:43 AM   #4
steve_80
2000 WJ 

I live in Canada, so would need to find a place that ships there without a huge fee. Amazon does it for $30-ish for 2 mirrors.

I have some plug under each of my front seats, maybe that's a plug for heated seats? I'll have to take the mirrors off to see for a plug.

Would it be linked to the defrost button for the rear window?
steve_80 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Today, 02:17 PM   #5
alloro
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_80 View Post
Would it be linked to the defrost button for the rear window?
I'm thinking of doing this as well, did you ever install the heated mirrors?
alloro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Today, 09:11 PM   #6
RUBtjICON
2002 WJ 

Where is the best place to get heated mirrors? The driverside mirror on my 02 and the 99 I'm getting is fogged up between the glass. I can only see out of the mirror when the heat is on.

And yes the heated mirrors are connected to the switch for the rear window defroster. The heated seats have their own switches above the 12v power ports (see pic)
img_20160213_221419_1455419703238.jpg

RUBtjICON is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.