2000 Grand Cherokee Stalling problem - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 03-25-2008, 07:07 AM Thread Starter
garyo

2000 Grand Cherokee Stalling problem

Hello. I have a 2000 Grand Cherokee w/175K miles that has developed a stalling problem and is not throwing an error code. At one point in time, the vehicle stalled, would not restart, I had it towed and by the time it got to the mech it started and he did not find anything wrong. It stalls once or twice a month and with the exception of that one time restarts.

Yesterday I noticed something. It stalled, upon restart the fuel gauge read full(and the tank was 1/2 full) it ran fine for 10 minutes then the engine hesitated, and the fuel gauge kicked back to giving an accurate reading?!

I am not sure what to do here because no error codes are being displayed and this is a very intermittent problem.

Thanks
Gary

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-26-2008, 03:04 PM
fredp4rrot

Get yourself a new PCM. I had the same problems as well as many other symptoms.
post #3 of 7 Old 03-28-2008, 10:27 AM
Dezelsky1

Stalling

I had a similar problem with my 94 GCL. It would run great and then suddenly just cut out. Mine would always restart, sometimes even while i was coasting.
Replaced lots of sensors, tuned it up, had the injectors cleaned, new fuel filter. As it turned out, it has run great now for two weeks plus, since i had the 'Crank Position Sensor' replaced.

post #4 of 7 Old 03-28-2008, 11:25 AM
pigoo
1999 WJ 

Your symptoms were/are the same as mine.

Short & sweet...change your Crankshaft Position Sensor!

- Nick
post #5 of 7 Old 04-17-2016, 02:20 PM
JeepLover6996
2000 KL Cherokee 

2000 jeep grand Cherokee stalling prob

I have a 2000 jeep grand cherokee laredo, it runs awesome and well taken care of. But recently it has been stalling with no warning, i changed the rad, fuel filter some of the fuel line, thermostat, ignition coil, throttle body control. It gives no warning and it usually starts right away. But other times it takes a few minutes to start. Then runs and other times it stalls like 2-6 times in a day!!! What to do please help ?

Last edited by JeepLover6996; 04-17-2016 at 02:37 PM. Reason: edit problem
post #6 of 7 Old 04-17-2016, 02:33 PM
vlackattack
1997 ZJ 

This is the ZJ forum, you have a WJ so you want the WJ forum, here: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/ They were the same section 8 years ago when this thread was started, they've since split from each other. Radiator and thermostat replacement were a waste, those wouldn't cause stalling.
post #7 of 7 Old 04-17-2016, 02:40 PM
JeepLover6996
2000 KL Cherokee 

sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlackattack View Post
This is the ZJ forum, you have a WJ so you want the WJ forum, here: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/ They were the same section 8 years ago when this thread was started, they've since split from each other. Radiator and thermostat replacement were a waste, those wouldn't cause stalling.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.