2000 Grand Cherokee - running rough after new cooil - next step? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 2000 Grand Cherokee - running rough after new cooil - next step?

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!

Unread 11-11-2013, 08:33 PM   #16
fletchFL
2004 WJ 

That is strange that you still have a code, especially if it ran smooth. That code 'injector circuit open' is used to describe the electrical condition of the injector or it's circuit, such as a broken wire or open line in the magnetic coil inside the injector. Or, worst case scenario, a failure of the injector driver in the ECM, though I think there's a separate code for that. It wouldn't indicate a blockage in the injector or the intake. What did you do to find you had flow? It would still be best to test the circuit somehow before adding something.

If you don't have access to a good testing method, it might be time better spent just replacing the injector, so long as you can get a new one reasonably or a known good used one. This might be an excuse to do the 4-hole injector upgrade...IIRC you can sometimes get an entire set for less than $180. It's said you gain a smoother idle, at the very least. It's been something I'm considering recently, but I don't have any personal experience. You can find more here:
http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...ad.php?t=92236 There's probably a few threads here on the forums about it as well.

Unread 11-11-2013, 08:41 PM   #17
fletchFL
2004 WJ 

This may help you, too. It's less than 3 minutes long, and may give you a different perspective. The info pertaining specifically to your code starts at 2 minutes in.

Last edited by chris87xj; 11-11-2013 at 09:14 PM.. Reason: link repair
fletchFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2013, 07:42 AM   #18
goboleko
2000 WJ 

I pulled the injectors and pushed brake parts cleaner through them with a syringe.. opened the injectors with a AA battery. A few drops would come through dark, than run clear.

I think my next step is to test the pulse.. break down and find a noid light to make sure I'm doing it correctly. From there, I'll either be chasing a circuit or replacing the injector. If I go injector replacement, there will be some things to consider. I'd love to upgrade to the 4 hole system, but that could prove pricey.. At the same time, an injector runs about $50 new.. If I can get the whole set for less than $200, that would be the ideal. Than again, there's my trusty local junkyard. I hate to risk wasted time and $ for junkyard parts, but I'm working with a pretty tight budget.
goboleko is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.