2000 grand cherokee mpg issues i6 - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 2000 grand cherokee mpg issues i6

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 04-28-2012, 10:17 PM   #31
4Doors
1999 WJ 

My running average as of late is 17.8 and that is combined city/highway on 4" lift and 32" tires (true story), but I've got my tires filled with helium so I float most of the time (this may be a fabrication). Give it a shot.

Unread 04-29-2012, 07:10 AM   #32
cuttysark

hahaha LOL

yeah if you want good mileage, dont buy a jeep.. my WJ 4.7 gets only about 10% better milage then my 97 ZJ 5.2 did. albeit i have to do a tune up probably but still.. only about 350 KM/tank
cuttysark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2012, 05:47 PM   #33
rlordjr
2004 WJ 

I have been paying close attention. On the way to school for carpool I will see 14 mpg. This is from cold start to 11 miles in mix of hwy and traffic. I reset computer at school and have over 20 mpg showing when reverse trip is finished and I am at work. Seems like operating temp is important
rlordjr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2012, 08:22 PM   #34
nlynd1978
2001 WJ 

Just a little bit.

Looking for help- http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/completely-turns-off-while-driving-no-codes-1049268/
nlynd1978 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2012, 09:05 PM   #35
wyattwj123
2000 WJ 

calculated my tank mileage and i got 200 miles with a fuel tank thats horrible.. had to fill it up within 6 days i changed the spark plugs already fuel filter cleaned the air filter sea foamed i think i would no if it was a 02 sensor i need to get better gas
wyattwj123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2012, 09:28 PM   #36
mycreativename
1999 WJ 

Why do you think you would know if the O2 sensor was bad? Are you some sort of sensor-whisperer?

That being said, you are at 100k+ miles without knowing if they've been changed, chances are they haven't been.

But I've gotta be honest with you, you do nothing but short trips, ~10mpg isn't really all out of the realm of normal for how your trips are. Before I was driving to college and to work, I was getting 11/12mpg consistently, heck even now with doing about half highway half stop and go, I only get 15mpg. It's a Jeep, you're not going to ever get "good" mileage.
mycreativename is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-08-2013, 08:52 PM   #37
rchinsp

I have a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland that I bought new and now has 20,000 miles on it. I took it to my dealer for a oil change and asked him to stop the low tire PSI computer from flashing ( 3 of the 4 was flashing). Later I was told that my tires had Nitrogen in them and I had to go to the only tire store in town that could do this ( he said that due to my tires having a "Gray valve Stem" that my tires had Nitrogen in them). I was never told about Nitrogen in my tires until now. Did my Jeep come with the Nitrogen in them or was I sent to this Tire store to have Nitrogen put into my tires unnecessary.
rchinsp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-08-2013, 09:01 PM   #38
brianestep
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchinsp View Post
I have a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland that I bought new and now has 20,000 miles on it. I took it to my dealer for a oil change and asked him to stop the low tire PSI computer from flashing ( 3 of the 4 was flashing). Later I was told that my tires had Nitrogen in them and I had to go to the only tire store in town that could do this ( he said that due to my tires having a "Gray valve Stem" that my tires had Nitrogen in them). I was never told about Nitrogen in my tires until now. Did my Jeep come with the Nitrogen in them or was I sent to this Tire store to have Nitrogen put into my tires unnecessary.
Wrong forum friend. Try the WK2 threads. This is WJ, 1999-2004. We put american-made oxygen in our tires!
-Brian- 2000 WJ Four liter, 4" RC springs; Bilstein 5100s; JKS trackbar w/KOR bushings; Stillen rotors; KOR (RC) 1.5" wheel spacers; 265/75/16 Treadwright Guard Dogs; Rusty AirTube, Amsoil Cone; Thule M.O.A.B.; Bumper delete; rear seat disco
brianestep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2013, 08:18 AM   #39
Cirruslydakota
1999 WJ 

Typically a green valve stem indicates nitrogen filled. I haven't heard of gray indicating that. My Mazda has the gray caps as well but its matched to my tpms. Take a picture if you have a chance.
Cirruslydakota is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2013, 10:30 AM   #40
Jeeples
2000 WJ 

Gray valve stems are typically used on vehicles equipped with TPMS sensors. Green usually denotes nitrogen.

Nitrogen is, IMHO, just a way for tire shops to make more money for very little gain to the consumer. Either take it back and tell him to fully deflate your tires and fill 'em will regular air or find a shop that's more competent.

Hers: '03 WJ 4.7 V8- IRO 3", 245/75/16 Duratracs
Jeeples is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2013, 11:13 AM   #41
Idano12
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples View Post
Gray valve stems are typically used on vehicles equipped with TPMS sensors. Green usually denotes nitrogen.

Nitrogen is, IMHO, just a way for tire shops to make more money for very little gain to the consumer. Either take it back and tell him to fully deflate your tires and fill 'em will regular air or find a shop that's more competent.
Why deflate and refill ? You can just top them off with regular compressed air.
Idano12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2013, 02:24 PM   #42
rchinsp

I double checked all of my Valve Stems again and all are Gray. But I discovered that two of the Stems had a White Center Cap (appears the other two Stems have lost their Center Cap) and with a Magnifying lens I was able to read in green letters across the White Cap that said "Nitro Fill". Thanks for helping.
rchinsp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.