2000 grand cherokee - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 2000 grand cherokee

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 01-12-2014, 08:11 PM   #1
2000gch
2000 XJ Cherokee 

2000 grand cherokee

Hello fellow members
I have an issue my 2000 grand cherokee has problems.
here is the story, i pulled out of the parking lot of the post office and all of a sudden it ran very bad started misfiring really bad and on the way home it stalled about 10 times in a 2 mile distance. it sat for 2 months because i could not figure out what was wrong. it ran fine until the jep warmed up then the misfiring and stalling comes. i drove it to the dodge dealer and got a diagnostic they scanned the truck and it came back that the coil was bad cam and crank sensor was bad i changed the parts and installed new spark plugs now the truck wont start it turns over spits gas out of the throttle body. engine was put to tdc and cam was aligned check engine is on it says its the ckp circuit need help please.

2000gch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2014, 09:02 PM   #2
Krooser
1999 WJ 

What engine?
Krooser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2014, 07:33 AM   #3
StrokedWJ
Web Wheeler

2000 WJ 

Are you sure the engine was at TDC of the compression stroke? If you set it on the exhaust stroke you'd be 180* out and would explain backfiring out of the throttle body.

Did you buy new sensors? If so what brand?

Click this -->Think you can beat me?
StrokedWJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.