1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Electrical Problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Electrical Problem

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-04-2011, 11:00 AM   #1
Whizkidkyus
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Question 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Electrical Problem

Hello to all ,

This is my first time on this forum / site and I was hoping that someone can help me figure out what is wrong with my 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited . It is an electrical problem in which the windows , overhead consouel , and dashboard instrument panel quit working or in the case of the instrument cluster , sometimes develop a mind of their own . I filmed exactaly what it is doing and put it on a Youtube site that a friend and I have called ESRepair . We are getting very good reviews on there about our fix it knowledge. The jeep problem is the video that plays on our homepage that I posted a link to.
Thank you for watching and the help . Thanks to any and all for any and all help as this problem is driving me nuts .

Thank you ,
Whizkid

P. S. Just in case the link didn't come through as I'm a new user , you can go to - http:// www. youtube. com / user / ESRepair - to see the video . Just copy and paste the link or type it into your browers address bar , but without all the spaces betwwen words . I put spaces between the words to make sure that the site didn't recognize it as a webpage address and stop it from comming through.

Whizkid

http://www.youtube.com/user/ESRepair

Whizkidkyus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2011, 11:13 AM   #2
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

IDK, but i would start by ruling out the simple things first, check for broken wires in the door boots between door and body and clean and retight battery terminals. WJ's are really sensitive to voltage issues and makes gauges and more to start act up, and broken wires are commom problems that act up on the door features.

Good luck!
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...grade-1813490/

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2011, 04:09 PM   #3
steelstr45
2000 WJ 

I'm going to post up your Youtube video on here to make it easier for people to see what's going on, it is a very strange issue. It should also be noted that you have videos showing the replacement of the BCM and Instrument cluster, so those may be semi-ruled out

steelstr45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2011, 04:48 PM   #4
Rocklobster
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Sometimes even an older battery will cause all this weird stuff

Sent directly from my brain using JeepForum
Rocklobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2011, 08:16 PM   #5
Us_against_one
1999 WJ 

Had this same problem I replaced my batt and cleaned the crap out of my cables fixed the problem instantly.
Us_against_one is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.