'04 WJ Laredo with no fogs. - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > '04 WJ Laredo with no fogs.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 08-14-2013, 04:12 PM   #16
shanezoid
2002 WJ 

Yes but where is this "junction box"?

shanezoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2013, 05:15 PM   #17
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanezoid View Post
Yes but where is this "junction box"?
Wherever the fog lamp relay plugs in to, it seems, going by the schematic, under the drivers-side dash:

Sent from my iPad using my fingers
image-3505322721.jpg

rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2013, 05:29 PM   #18
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

If you look at the illustration on the fog light upgrade, there's two junction blocks by the brake pedal that they label C1/RB ( C1 right block) and they have you remove one pin from it, and add in one from the new foglight harness. It may be that it taps into that line that's needed for the fog to be powered? It just uses a common ground that's already there as well.

What does the FSM schematic show for that junction block and where does the wire you're switching go to is what has me curious.

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2013, 06:13 PM   #19
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cykaaro View Post
If you look at the illustration on the fog light upgrade, there's two junction blocks by the brake pedal that they label C1/RB ( C1 right block) and they have you remove one pin from it, and add in one from the new foglight harness. It may be that it taps into that line that's needed for the fog to be powered? It just uses a common ground that's already there as well.

What does the FSM schematic show for that junction block and where does the wire you're switching go to is what has me curious.
Does this help? I wish I had the higher resolution camera, but I only have the iPad2. If you need confirmation of what says what, let me know. I know it's hard to read.

image-2892710449.jpg

image-4188277824.jpg

image-3339920020.jpg

image-1130883402.jpg

image-3348680907.jpg

image-2524451732.jpg

image-707119772.jpg

Unread 08-14-2013, 06:53 PM   #20
shanezoid
2002 WJ 

Man you guys are awesome and I really appreciate it. To bad I have to work tomorrow and friday and cant do anything until saturday but I will definitely figure this one out with your help. Thanks Shane.
Unread 08-14-2013, 07:53 PM   #21
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Man you guys are awesome and I really appreciate it. To bad I have to work tomorrow and friday and cant do anything until saturday but I will definitely figure this one out with your help. Thanks Shane.
You're welcome. Just pass the knowledge on. I am learning a lot on here and I am trying to share what I know and have learned.

Unread 08-16-2013, 08:21 PM   #22
shanezoid
2002 WJ 

Going to try tomorrow to see if I have power in the junction box on that pin #3 and maybe run some wire!!!
Unread 08-17-2013, 09:40 AM   #23
shanezoid
2002 WJ 

I just found that the wiring in the junction box at the left firewall is there. Pin 3 when I install the relay comes on and off when I cut on the fogs but where in the hell does that wire go from there. If I can find it I can have this mastered in minutes. Help Please. Having to work in and out of the rain also which sucks!! Thanks Shane.
Unread 08-17-2013, 11:25 AM   #24
shanezoid
2002 WJ 

Am I trying to find the wire coming out of the junction in the back or the fuse part at the bottom??
Unread 08-17-2013, 12:34 PM   #25
shanezoid
2002 WJ 

Comes out of the junction box and goes into the top junction plug behind the drivers kick panel. Where from there and ideas??
Unread 08-17-2013, 07:44 PM   #26
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Quote:
I just found that the wiring in the junction box at the left firewall is there. Pin 3 when I install the relay comes on and off when I cut on the fogs but where in the hell does that wire go from there. If I can find it I can have this mastered in minutes. Help Please. Having to work in and out of the rain also which sucks!! Thanks Shane.
If I read this right, you have power to the pin3 location when fog switch is turned on? and no power when the fog switch is turned off? once the relay is put in. Cause this makes sense in relation to the pdf install. You run your power line from the pin3 to the fogs for power, and ground it in the engine bay.

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
Unread 08-17-2013, 08:06 PM   #27
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Removed my lower dash panel to take a look at mine to see exactly what everything looks like.

As you can see, the third pin that you're supposed to take out of the junction box and tape it off is light blue. This is supposed to be replaced by the lightblue wire you brought through the firewall from the fogllight harness. Of course, making your own, you can use whatever colour you choose.

What I'm wondering is the lightblue one that you're supposed to pull out, maybe this is exactly what it is for, but since fogs lights aren't in by factory and don't have the connectors, maybe it terminates somewhere, and is why it needs to be changed out.

Unread 08-17-2013, 08:43 PM   #28
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Now what I'm curious about, is what are the other relays for, and what the ones not used for are. Also found a thicker light blue wire labeled electric brake while I was up underneath the dash.

Unread 08-17-2013, 09:47 PM   #29
shanezoid
2002 WJ 

If you follow that blue wire it goes to two other connectors behind the drivers kick panel at the hood release handle. My blue wire comes in and no pin coming out and from what I can tell from there it would leave and go to the engine bay. My test light works the same in both places when I test for power. I also have that blue wire for the electric brake under mine to.
Unread 08-18-2013, 12:14 PM   #30
shanezoid
2002 WJ 

Install complete. I followed the wire to that connector and cut it and just spliced onto it instead of taking the pin out of the connector. Thanks for all the help and maybe this will help someone in the 1 per cent who dont have factory wiring.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.