04 wj 4.7l, missfire code, check gauge light...... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 04 wj 4.7l, missfire code, check gauge light......

Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 01-29-2014, 05:31 PM   #1
thevetteguy
2004 WJ 

04 wj 4.7l, missfire code, check gauge light......

I ran to the store today, about 5 minutes in to the trip my check engine light came on (code 303) and check gauge light also came on, oil pressure gauge was not functioning. I was pulled into Walgreens as this happened and killed the engine. when the code came on my left turn signal also blinks 4 times faster than usual, but the right signal blinked at normal speed. I briefly looked over the engine, didn't see anything really out of place (wasn't expecting to). if I looked up the code right it says cylinder #3 misfired. when the code came on nothing felt/sounded bad. my sisters 00 WJ has a dying oil pressure sender, so I figured mine was also going bad. I jiggled the end of the sender, started the engine, and then the gauge read properly. everything sounded normal and felt fine, didn't seem as if the cylinder was still missing. I drove back home, and it all went well. not sure if it really matters, but it was also around -6 degrees, and the jeep hasn't been ran for 4 days.

so I'm almost positive the oil gauge is due to a faulty sender, but I have no idea what's /causing the misfire, and the blinker issue. has this happened to anyone else?

thanks

thevetteguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2014, 05:45 PM   #2
Duh

A fast blinker normally means low resistance-aka a blown bulb.
Oil pressure sensors are fairly common to die on the age of oir jeeps.
Misfire could be many things, but hard to diagnose without a misfire a tually happening (with no fuel injector or coil codes)
Duh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2014, 05:48 PM   #3
Duh

Also, on the the oil pressure sensor, i have seen a number of times where a valve cover leak will cause oil to leak into the connector for the pressure sensor, causing the bad readings. I have also seen the sensor itself leak.
Duh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.