04 wj 4.7l, missfire code, check gauge light...... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 04 wj 4.7l, missfire code, check gauge light......

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 01-29-2014, 04:31 PM   #1
thevetteguy
2004 WJ 

04 wj 4.7l, missfire code, check gauge light......

I ran to the store today, about 5 minutes in to the trip my check engine light came on (code 303) and check gauge light also came on, oil pressure gauge was not functioning. I was pulled into Walgreens as this happened and killed the engine. when the code came on my left turn signal also blinks 4 times faster than usual, but the right signal blinked at normal speed. I briefly looked over the engine, didn't see anything really out of place (wasn't expecting to). if I looked up the code right it says cylinder #3 misfired. when the code came on nothing felt/sounded bad. my sisters 00 WJ has a dying oil pressure sender, so I figured mine was also going bad. I jiggled the end of the sender, started the engine, and then the gauge read properly. everything sounded normal and felt fine, didn't seem as if the cylinder was still missing. I drove back home, and it all went well. not sure if it really matters, but it was also around -6 degrees, and the jeep hasn't been ran for 4 days.

so I'm almost positive the oil gauge is due to a faulty sender, but I have no idea what's /causing the misfire, and the blinker issue. has this happened to anyone else?

thanks

thevetteguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2014, 04:45 PM   #2
Duh

A fast blinker normally means low resistance-aka a blown bulb.
Oil pressure sensors are fairly common to die on the age of oir jeeps.
Misfire could be many things, but hard to diagnose without a misfire a tually happening (with no fuel injector or coil codes)
Duh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2014, 04:48 PM   #3
Duh

Also, on the the oil pressure sensor, i have seen a number of times where a valve cover leak will cause oil to leak into the connector for the pressure sensor, causing the bad readings. I have also seen the sensor itself leak.
Duh is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.