04 Grand Cherokee Laredo Fuel Filter???? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 04 Grand Cherokee Laredo Fuel Filter????

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-03-2009, 02:56 PM   #1
HBJeep
2004 WJ 

04 Grand Cherokee Laredo Fuel Filter????

Hello,

I am new here and this is my first post and just signed up. Been on the site breifly before.

My question is, we have (my wife's vehicle) 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo with the 4.0L 6 cylinder 4x4 4 door. I was wonder where the fuel filter is and how hard is it to change? Is this something I can do in my garage or is this one of those you need a special tool and a lift and a few choice words because where and how it is mounted?

We love the Jeep and it has just under 58,000 miles on it. We bought it used last March. Sorry I do not have more of the specs on it. Not sure where and how to find them.

Thanks in advance for the time and help

Stock Aluminum Wheels
HBJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2009, 03:01 PM   #2
JG_Canuck
2000 WJ 

Filters are extended service items and normally don't need to be replaced.

However this page should give you the info you need: http://www.wjjeeps.com/fuel_filter.htm

www.wjjeeps.com is a site you should bookmark.
Unread 02-03-2009, 03:24 PM   #3
RyanSBenson
2001 WJ 

I love wjjeeps.com. I think that I have read every thing on that site at least 10 times!
RyanSBenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2009, 03:27 PM   #4
DothanJeep
1997 ZJ 

I changed mine...Didnt know it was an extended service thing on jeeps ( at the time ) Be ready to get some fuel on you... Its in a really awkward spot...
01'WJ Project Cheap fix.
DothanJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2009, 05:42 PM   #5
HBJeep
2004 WJ 

Thanks for the help and info. I do not think I will mess with it right now. The reason why I was asking is, a couple of auto part stores are running sales on Wix filters. I bought 4 oil filters today for the price of, or a little less, then 2. My truck, 2003 Dodge 1500 4x4 Hemi, takes the same oil filters as her Jeep does so I was stocking up. I was just thinking about what else I can replaces that is easy to get to. I need to check her air filter and will probably replace it also.

Thanks again.
Stock Aluminum Wheels
HBJeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.