04 GC Transfer case skid plate - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 04 GC Transfer case skid plate

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 03-16-2010, 08:27 PM   #1
dpzombek

04 GC Transfer case skid plate

I am new to this site but I have been lurking on and off again reading some posts when I can. I have a 2004 GC Limited Laredo. I was changing my transfer case fluid tonight and noticed something on the skid plate. More to the point one of the bolts (on the side with two) would not back all the way out. And when I investigaged a little more I couldn't tighten it up again. The bolt would just spin, with some resitance, but I am afraid that the backing plate is rotating with it. This doesn't look like an easy fix since there is no access holes to it from the on the other side of the frame where it's bolted.

Has anyone run into this? Is there a fix?

Thanks.

David

dpzombek is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.