'04 factory Nav...how do you shut it off?! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > '04 factory Nav...how do you shut it off?!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 11-25-2013, 09:01 AM   #1
oof_da
2004 WJ 

'04 factory Nav...how do you shut it off?!

I've looked thru the Owner's manual for instructions on how to operate my factory NAV in my '04 overland, but there isn't much. What I want to know is HOW do I SHUT IT OFF after I turn around to go home and no longer need it to guide my way? I've tried everything, but I can't even MUTE it so that I can listen to the stereo in peace without the lovely woman's voice chiming in "make U-turn at next street..." My only option is to shut down the whole stereo.

The OTHER problem is how to shut off the FM/CD function and operate alone with the NAV. There are times I would just like to hear nothing but the periodic NAV instructions and not have a radio or CD player on. Scenario: Driving for an hour with the cd player on, THEN activating the NAV to locate my destination. At this point i cannot shut off the CD player.

Help!

oof_da is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2013, 09:11 AM   #2
swkenobi
2003 WJ 

Press the AM/FM button, it will set the screen back to the radio controls. When you want Nav back, press the Nav button.
Unread 11-25-2013, 09:17 AM   #3
buns_1
2004 WJ 

When the map is on the screen you can push the Nav button and it will take back to the main menu. Go to "Route" and cancel current destination to stop navigation.
Unread 11-25-2013, 09:26 AM   #4
Bandit84
2004 WJ 

Or just eject the disc?
96' ZJ Limited 5.9 mods 242 T-case
Bandit84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2013, 11:12 AM   #5
oof_da
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit84 View Post
Or just eject the disc?
Now, WHY didn't I think of that?? Might be my best bet.

I'm POSITIVE I went into the "route" routine to try to cancel it, but I'll look again.

But again with the radio part: Is there a way to shut the radio OFF if I begin with radio, and then go to NAV? I can't figure that one out, other than to turn the volume down to zero (NAV is still audible with radio volume down).
oof_da is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2013, 11:22 AM   #6
Bandit84
2004 WJ 

If memory serves right, I believe there are settings in the Nav screen for volume and other things.
96' ZJ Limited 5.9 mods 242 T-case
Bandit84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.