0302 misfire still! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 0302 misfire still!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 06-22-2010, 10:57 AM   #1
pintowagonbob
2000 XJ Cherokee 

0302 misfire still!

2000 grand cherokee laredo 4.0. 0302 code still.
I have searched this site. Nothing found that is like this.
When i bought the trk, the coil pack was damaged over #2 cylinder. My friend who worked on it for the people i bought it from said that he changed it last year for the same reason.
I changed plugs( correct ones )New coil pack. Performed decarbonization of engine as per Dodge bulletin. Cleared engine fault codes. Ran good for 180 miles and light is back on and noticable rough idle again. CEL is lit but hasn't flashed with active misfire on the road. At road speed it runs smooth.
I have a feeling that the damaged coil pack is associated with the issue at hand but i dont want to throw parts at it. So if anyone has a good idea, let me know.

pintowagonbob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2010, 12:28 PM   #2
rm2001wj
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Code P0302 means more misfires in cylinder #2 than there should be. Yes, it could be due to the coil pack (which you've replaced), but it could also be due to a bad plug (which you've also replaced), or a malfunctioning fuel injector. You could try swapping #2 fuel injector with #1 or #3. Always disconnect the negative battery cable when doing electrical work, and that usually erases the code also. Check to see if the code moves to the new cylinder where the previous #2 injector is now located.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.