03 jeep grand cherokee limited speakers - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 09-24-2017, 09:31 AM Thread Starter
grss429

03 jeep grand cherokee limited speakers

Anyone have any links or some suggestions on a simple budget speakers?

I need both front doors and the two tweeters in dash... only 1 door works.. and it's for my girlfriend.. so shes not into the good sound, expensive speakers just looking for some replacements to get sound back in all speakers... i have a aftermarket single din in there as well

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 09-24-2017, 09:35 AM Thread Starter
grss429

I believe i have the infinity system as well... I have a amp under the seat and two tweeters, but i dont have any badges on the door speakers
post #3 of 10 Old 09-24-2017, 01:16 PM
blueseasons1
2000 WJ 

My Infinity system has Infinity badges on the door speakers. I got new tweeters from JGCParts.

post #4 of 10 Old 09-24-2017, 01:53 PM
xcaliber81
2004 WJ 

I don't have infinity badges on my overland but I have the amp and assuming the tweeters.
post #5 of 10 Old 09-24-2017, 03:12 PM Thread Starter
grss429

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueseasons1 View Post
My Infinity system has Infinity badges on the door speakers. I got new tweeters from JGCParts.
what is some cheap door speakers and tweeters? any recommendations?
post #6 of 10 Old 09-24-2017, 03:43 PM
blueseasons1
2000 WJ 

Check the price of the tweeters at JGCParts. I bought mine 3 years ago. I don't know what they cost now. I can't help you with speakers. Mine are stock and sound fabulous. I haven't purchased speakers for any vehicle in years. Check out Crutchfield, and maybe WalMart. But my experience is cheap speakers sound crappy. If you do have the Infinity system, I think there are some specs you need to know in order to replace the speakers. I remember reading about it but I didn't pay attention since I wasn't planning on doing it. Use your VIN . Look up the specs for your Jeep and find out which stereo you have. if you have the Infinity system, search for info on speaker replacement. That's where I would start.
post #7 of 10 Old 09-24-2017, 03:46 PM
CarlJH
2003 WJ 

late model WJ's didn't get the Infinity badges, just take the old door speakers out and measure them, I cant be sure but I think I read something about them being quite a slim speaker and not much choice for aftermarket ones. Also the dash "tweeter" speakers aren't true tweeter speakers either! as they also have some mid range sound out of them too!
post #8 of 10 Old 09-24-2017, 10:24 PM
MojaveMike45
1999 WJ 

Just replaced all except 1 on my 99 GC LTD Infiniti stereo. You must use 2 ohm speakers, 4 ohm is what you will get from most suppliers including Crutchfield and they will not work ... Was a waste of time trying & returning. Finally Googled for the factory speakers & found a speaker salvage place & ordered all four door speakers, was less that $100, received like new speakers that sound factory new. Ordered the front tweeters new off Amazon for $25.
post #9 of 10 Old 09-25-2017, 12:32 AM
sodakcatfish

Check the wiring in the harness boots first if they are just NOT working the wires have a tendency to crack and brake just about replaced all mine when my door grounds broke but instead of doing a $160 "stock" replacement I spent 3 buck's on some wire and voila
post #10 of 10 Old 09-25-2017, 09:10 AM
86cj74.2L
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

OP where are you located? I have all the factory speakers in good shape on a shelf. But that weight will cost a pretty penny in shipping.........

Do look at your door jam wires on the doors that the speakers don't work.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.