03' cherokee Limited, p0351, p0352 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 03' cherokee Limited, p0351, p0352

Smittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 03-30-2010, 08:13 PM   #1
DjRoulette
2003 XJ Cherokee 

03' cherokee Limited, p0351, p0352

At first I had problems with the Jeep Cherokee Limited 2wd, it was stalling and running horrible. I decided to replace the Crankshaft Sensor, while replacing this sensor I found a broken vacuum tube. Replaced vacuum tube and sensor put the jeep back together and now I receive p0351, p0352, codes and the jeep starts fine idles good but when I press the gas pedal it feels like a miss fire. I have checked everything I removed and made sure it was put back together properly. All sensors are plugged in and fuel injectors. Any suggestions

DjRoulette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2010, 08:13 PM   #2
DjRoulette
2003 XJ Cherokee 

After searching for countless hours, I have discovered that I unscrewed a sensor I shouldn't have, the camshaft sensor and oil pump drive. I did not unscrew the 2 smaller bolts, I unscrewed the 1 larger bolt holding the entire assembly in. I removed it along with the bracket holding it. checked for resistance with voltage meter, thinking it was the crankshaft sensor. I did make note of how it was put in, with the wire harness facing firewall. I do remember it spinning.

Here is my question How do I set the engine to Top Dead Center (TDC) and what else do I need to do to fix this. I read about the toothpick and aligning the holes, but the post that I am assuming is a Do It Yourself to replace the oil pump drive underneath the sensor, had alot of initials. So my other questions where are the timing marks? What is a DRB and when I figure out how to get the engine to TDC, whick way do I turn the engine.

The only type of timing experience I have was on a Dunebuggy I built for playtime!!! I would turn the largest pulley using a socket and breaker bar.
DjRoulette is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.